HVAC Repair Question

Hey D. I’ll be heading back to the house for lunch here in a few minutes and get a picture. If I remember right it looks kinda like OTC’s above.

Got waylaid at work but home now.

Not a good picture, in the shade right now. There is a 1/2 inch raised lip where the shroud is attached to the back of the HVAC unit.
@DFreedom

Great stuff folks! I’ll be sure and show my HVAC guy.

Thanks again!

Hey, while spending your money, haha, depending on age and what SEER those are, you may wanna spend a lot, ouch.

The longer you wanna stay there, the more sense it makes. And get this out of the way before you retire if needed.

Just a thought, but blue sky is an expert on this stuff.

Lookin out for ya, Doug…
NN

Doug, Treat it like a roof cricket.

No doubt Glenn. The unit is only about 7 years old, and I am doing my best to make it last. My last one lasted about 15 years but, I don’t think the new ones are built to last like they used to be.

Had my HVAC guy come today for cleaning/maintenance of my 2 units, so I figured I’d go ahead and have him replace the rusted flashing. MUCH better. It is sloped in 2 directions so there should be no more water pooling.

Because he was here for a cleaning/maintenance, he only charged me for materials. $250 for everything. I think he didn’t charge enough.

A great deal!

Its called a crossbreak. Adds strength and sheds the water properly. I do all my cowlings like that. 200 is an excellent price. no standing water no rust

Glad to hear from an expert. This guy does my house my brother’s, 5 people I work with and several neighbors all from my referral. He does excellent work and seems to charge too little. And he usually comes quickly whether it is an emergency or not.