HVAC stuff... R22 to MO99 retrofit...

Since R22 getting expensive, I’m considering retrofitting my split Goodman system to MO99. Requires a new filter and new Schrader valve core seals. Anybody done this yet? Looking for someone with some time this next month to do the work. Garry 803 .nyn too oh. 6907

how old is your HVAC unit?

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by DillyDally

Since R22 getting expensive, I’m considering retrofitting my split Goodman system to MO99. Requires a new filter and new Schrader valve core seals. Anybody done this yet? Looking for someone with some time this next month to do the work. Garry 803 .nyn too oh. 6907

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

I wouldn’t worry about replacement (unless you have a leak) until you have a failure. The M099 is suppose to work as well as R22 but not better. I’ve also heard you may need to change to a different Expansion valve in some systems due to lower discharge pressures. ?

I’m sure as it gets more common we’ll all learn the pros and cons of it other than price.

I have a 6 yr old Goodman outside. I can stick with R22 but it’s going to need something else if R22 disappears from the market. Just need to get thru a few years more. If MO99 is going to be as good as R22 and cheaper/easier to get, that is why I’m looking now.

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

quote:
Originally posted by DillyDally

I have a 6 yr old Goodman outside. I can stick with R22 but it’s going to need something else if R22 disappears from the market. Just need to get thru a few years more. If MO99 is going to be as good as R22 and cheaper/easier to get, that is why I’m looking now.

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

Gotcha. Keep us posted on the M099 conversion. I’m probably gonna have to do something in a few years.

I’m on 25 years with the same a/c / heat pump. Two fan capacitors and one blower motor. I was told I would be on borrowed time after 12 years. Maybe lucky or a good system? We checked into replacement 5 years ago and for the cost vs what it would save in electricity decided to just run this thing until failure. I guess if I were in the central unit sales business, I’d say 12 years too.

Take a look at this

https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/products/outdoor-units/multi-zone-cooling-and-heating

folks that have them love them

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

Take a look at this

https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/products/outdoor-units/multi-zone-cooling-and-heating

folks that have them love them

I can vouch for the Mitsubishi units. Have installed several and they just work. Have tried others (samsung, fujitsu, and others)but by far the mitsubishi is the better unit.

X2 on the Mitsubishi multi zone mini splits. Starting this spring they will have factory installed de super heaters.(that means free hot water in the summertime and lower cost hot water in the winter.)

Instead of wasting the heat to the back yard, it is diverted into the hot water tank.

ZX