HWY 41 Landing

Doing a little looking around on Google. Seen a boat landing in Wando off HWY 41. Is that a Public or Private landing?

Private, and you have to pay an annual fee to use the landing. You can call Joe Sharp to see if there is an opening. Usually, there is a waiting list and the annual fee is $385. My memebership is due on 1 May 2015.

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

Gotcha Thanks

fishing up there sucks, don’t bother

Yep - everybody knows there are no fish in the Wando.

No water there either.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

If you want a great private ramp, hit up Sullivans Island Fire Dept. Their ramp is at the end of the Island on the inter coastal. If you don’t live on the island, it costs $300. If you are a resident I think it is $90. Good tax write off

Grady 282
A-Salt Weapon

Yeap…no need to waste much time way out there (ha,ha).

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

fishing up there sucks, don’t bother

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

you have to pay to store your boat there and there is a waiting list. You can pay to use the private launch no wait list.

ya’ll are fooling me about “no fish in the Wando” I’ve caught plenty

Ha,ha. There is a waiting list for the landing also at times. Joe Sharp is the owner, and he has told me so–straight from the horse’s mouth. Why? There is only so much parking space, and he has to account for it–especially for busy holidays–unless he has changed his policy recently. Joe Sharp is a really good guy to work with, he is a veteran, and just a stand up guy.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmgdwxz/atlantis-marine-inc

quote:
Originally posted by Athon08

ya’ll are fooling me about “no fish in the Wando” I’ve caught plenty

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

Yea…wouldn’t waste my gas going up there either…real shallow too!

200 Bay Scout
115 Yamaha 4 stroke

I just moved right there where 41 and clements ferry meet. is that portion of the Wando really not that great? I see people out there all of the tim

It’s the same people there all the time. They forgot where they put in. Been out there for years! :smiley:

Years and years ago that landing was available to the public for a $2 put in fee that you paid at the gas station. It had a fresh water wash down and motor flushing hose, but no floating dock. There was a very nice bait hole about 100 yards upriver on the landing side that always held bait at low tide. A friend once caught a 3" gator in his cast net in it. That was some excitement. There were multiple fishing spots within a rowboat distance from that landing, and nobody ever went up there except some hard core types because you had to tow your boat so far to get there. Deytens Shipyard was always full of Navy barges and vessels of all shapes and sizes…very industrial looking. There were no docks on that river then, but some old ferry boat dock pilings that would orient you to the better fishing holes nearby. Now there is a concrete marina dock built right over the old “bait pond” and at least 1 if not 2 private docks built right over most of my old sure fire fishing holes. Hooked some monster alligator gars on mud minnows, and 15# spotails were there if you held your mouth right. I got spoiled on the serenity and natural beauty up there back in the day, and I’m now sad at what it has become. The fish are still there, but the good old days are gone for good. The sound of jet ski’s, and the proliferation of docks kills my spirit when I put in there now. At least the eagles still like it up there, and that ain’t so bad.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

I recently moved to McClellanville and don’t foresee me putting the boat in at the BP gas station anymore. I have been putting the boat in there before it was a private ramp, we’ve had many great trips there to say the least. I’ve been putting the boat in there since my high school days, heck, anyone ever wonder why the arm on the entry gate is so short? My friend’s brother (16 at the time) tried to follow me in with his boat, and didn’t want to wait the 5 seconds it would’ve taken for me to hand him the key card after I went through and it came down on his boat and broke…lol…we got a talking to from Mr Joe and he made us hack saw off the busted part and screwed in what was left…that was 12-13 years ago. Anyway, lots of great memories for sure from that landing but I would hate to see my membership to the landing go to waste, I’m going to sell my membership. I spoke to Mr Joe on Saturday and he told me to sell it to whoever I wanted and just have them come in the office (on site) at some point so that he can transfer their info to the account so they would have the option to renew when it runs out next summer. I have the keycard in my truck and you can literally be putting in there tomorrow. As of Saturday, there was a waitlist and he’s expecting that list to grow bigtime when the new bridge is put in. Anyway, pm or txt me if interested and I’ll get you the card, 350$. Thanks. Cadill 843-709-2417

I hear the new bridge will put an end to the boat landing.

Just moved out to Huger a couple months ago. It sure was nice living 1/2 mile from the Shem creek landing. Now I gotta drive 30+ minutes. Been putting in at Cape Romain and it seems to be about the same distance up the ICW to most of my spots north of IOP. Wish there was more wando access. Haven’t checked out Paradise yet.

New bridge wont put an end to the landing…Spoke to Mr Joe a few days ago, his only concern was the growing wait list and not enough parking to expand ramp membership

'a stranger is just a friend i havent met yet’jt

The marina opening next door might take some of that business though.

2002 Key West 1900CC