I done bought something big - Need a cover

Thanks Fred…saved me from wasting some time and energy!

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Name of the restaurant supply is Berlin’s just below 526 on Rivers.

Once done cooking let it dry out and coat it with oil, but look around for a grill cover or a center console cover to put over it.

quote:
Originally posted by ReelShock

Once done cooking let it dry out and coat it with oil, but look around for a grill cover or a center console cover to put over it.

Don’t rule out a chuck of expanded metal to cover it if you decide to burn some paper in it as it will keep the ashes and sparks from going everywhere. Wife and I burn all our personal mail rather than sending it to the dump. Be surprised the info people can glean from that stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by ReelShock

Don’t rule out a chuck of expanded metal to cover it if you decide to burn some paper in it as it will keep the ashes and sparks from going everywhere. Wife and I burn all our personal mail rather than sending it to the dump. Be surprised the info people can glean from that stuff.

I’m going to be looking for a piece.

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

The great big giant cook caldron got fired up tonight. A piece of stainless from Boatpoor, a piece of flat sheet steel from a guy on Faceboook Market, some black iron pipe to hold up the god-awful heavy piece of steel and we had us an old timey oyster roaster.

Picked up a couple of bushels from Sellsfish, some firewood, and we were set!

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I dunno…I’ve resized the images 3 times and tried to get them to load…grrrrr

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

More than one way to skin a cat…

The cooking surface would reach up to 350 degree, the external temp of the pot was over 585 degrees. The stainless piece sitting flat on the steel would only allow heat to reach around 250 degrees. It’ll do for cooking most stuff…have to use the flat steel to steam the oysters faster.

Getting close to the cooker because of heat was not a problem, but smoke rolling from under the steel would get in your eyes from time to time. I may need to fashion something to close off one end of the support frame…have to see what I can come up with.

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Nice! Get you a burlap bad (croker sack) and soak it down to put over your oysters to help steam them.

https://www.onlinefabricstore.net/6-inch-x-7-75-inch-natural-jute-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-.htm?msclkid=3eefc8cb29111df98e1794e0b0a8e87f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing%20Shopping%20-%20Supplies%20Product%20Type&utm_term=4584688610409837&utm_content=Supplies%20Product%20Type%20-%20Bags

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Nice! Get you a burlap bad (croker sack) and soak it down to put over your oysters to help steam them.

That’s what we did. Got a roll or burlap from Lowes. (they didn’t have any sacks). Cut the roll into 5 foot long pieces and soaked in a 5 gallong bucket. I’d throw a wet piece on the oysters until they burlap would start to dry, then throw on a fresh piece. Cooked them perfect every time.

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Nice setup!

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish