I found Milton...some will get it, lol

That’s a big one, IMO. Almost looks like it pulled the bark apart pushing outward.

Makes one wonder what’s inside…

NN

Never knew what sassafras looked like till had a buddy down in Bft for some Cobia fishing point out that we had one growing close to house on LI.

Never tried doing anything with it, but it would spout up small ones nonstop from its roots a few feet away constantly.

Leaves smelled good to me when you crushed one up in your hand.

NN

I got a bunch of sassafras in my back yard. The tea tastes okay. My grandmother used to make it lot from the root shavings.

1 Like

they have a really pretty yellow flower in the spring. You use the root. Leaves smell nothing like it. They used to be a nuisance and grow like weeds around fields and wind rows. Grandma said to only use the root in the fall and never in the spring. ?? You clean the root and put a few pieces in a pot and boil for about 30 min, pour through a coffee filter. Makes a beautiful pink tea. You can drink it hot with milk and sugar or cold like sweet tea. My mom heard that it could cause cancer in a study done on rats and would not allow me to drink it. I did my research and from what I gather if you drink too much it’s hard on you liver. So don’t drink a lot if you try it.