I hate Verizon...

My Samsung S7 is almost 3 years old. Since the last update in December, my phone does not auto-connect to saved wy-fy networks, and when I manually connect it, it doesn’t stay that way. So, I often end up using data when I don’t need to. I have checked the settings numerous times and verified they are set up to auto-connect to saved networks. I called Verizon and of course they plead ignorance and say I should get a new phone.
:angry:

I left them several years ago when I went to add a 4th line and was treated like crap. Absolutely love T-Mobile. Great price for 4 lines and really good customer service. Never had an issue with cell service except for an isolated spot in Florida.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I had same issue with my S6 & it lasted a week or so & then just kind of fixed itself. I think it may be more of a Samsung issue then a Verizon. Although Verizon does suck, I have them but only because no one else picks up in my area.
I also had issue with bluetooth for several months but now seems to be okay, again I think it is a Samsung issue since it affected my wife phone as well.

The guy they use for ads just irritates me for some reason

I have no help for your issue only a story to share. I was having trouble with exceeding data gigs on plan I had. Visited local “Verizon Authorized Retailer” & asked for unlimited plan I’d seen being advertised. Rep told me it was not available with plan that they had set me up with. Went home & researched verizon site & decided to visit a different “Verizon” store. After a short wait asked Rep about updating to unlimited data plan advertised on website. No problem! I told him about other store experience & he stated “Authorized Retailers” are paid by different structure & they won’t always act in your best interests. I have not returned to local Authorized Retailer & plan not to.

I liked their Super Bowl first responder ad though.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

I had the same problem, it’s the phone. I had to get another sd card and it worked fine afterwards.

Double D.

You’re problem is not with vzw…It’s with Samsung

Key West 2300 Bluewater

My 2¢ worth after 30+ years of using all of the cell phone provides at some point. They Are All Bad and the worst of them at any given time is somewhat on a rotating schedule. But, Verizon is really bad about remotely screwing with your phone which gives Apple a huge advantage to the consumer because the carriers can’t do that with Apple phones.

This applies equally to Verizon and AT&T though, you generally get far better service and deal offers at the Carrier Operated Stores than at the Authorized Retailer Stores.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I left them several years ago when I went to add a 4th line and was treated like crap. Absolutely love T-Mobile. Great price for 4 lines and really good customer service. Never had an issue with cell service except for an isolated spot in Florida.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

X2. And our bill is actually the same every month.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Sorry I meant to say sim card not sd card. I couldn’t remember what card since there are 2

Double D.

quote:
Originally posted by Reel Tight

Key West 2300 Bluewater

After some research, this seems to be the case. Built-in obsolescence and intentional bugs in updates seem to be the norm. Samsung was fined millions of lira in Italy for this last year. I have no doubt they do this intentionally and the carriers are complicit-especially nowadays since they don’t discount the phones as heavily as they once did and they have no real skin in the game any longer.
Verizon isn’t going to admit this of course…but their standard reply about buying a new phone pretty much tells me how much they care about customer satisfaction.

“Never argue with an idiot…he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.”

quote:
Originally posted by Wolakrab
quote:

Key West 2300 Bluewater

After some research, this seems to be the case. Built-in obsolescence and intentional bugs in updates seem to be the norm. Samsung was fined millions of lira in Italy for this last year. I have no doubt they do this intentionally and the carriers are complicit-especially nowadays since they don’t discount the phones as heavily as they once did and they have no real skin in the game any longer.
Verizon isn’t going to admit this of course…but their standard reply about buying a new phone pretty much tells me how much they care about customer satisfaction.

“Never argue with an idiot…he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.”

That’s a phone mfg typical trick. Apple was doing something with battery and cpu performance. You probably can resolve it by clearing the cache or cache partition. I had an issue with the Bluetooth Cx randomly dropping from my truck. This shows you have to clear the cache and cache partition. Even though the intructions are for BT I think it be the same procedure and as long as you follow them correctly it can’t hurt https://www.technobezz.com/fix-galaxy-note-8-bluetooth-issues/

You gonna talk or FISH!

quote:
Originally posted by Tryin_2_FISHMORE
quote:
Originally posted by Wolakrab
quote:

Key West 2300 Bluewater

That’s a phone mfg typical trick. Apple was doing something with battery and cpu performance. You probably can resolve it by clearing the cache or cache partition. I had an issue with the Bluetooth Cx randomly dropping from my truck. This shows you have to clear the cache and cache partition. Even though the intructions are for BT I think it be the same procedure and as long as you follow them correctly it can’t hurt https://www.technobezz.com/fix-galaxy-note-8-bluetooth-issues/

You gonna talk or FISH!

Thanks.