I lived,I guess

Some of you knew this,but most didn’t! I found out 2 years ago that I had an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm! The VA found it and was tracking it’s growth with Cat Scans and Sonograms every 6 months! They didn’t want to fix it when it was first found, because any operation on it would be dangerous! The protocol for this, is not to fix it until it reaches a certain size when it becomes imperative to fix! Kind of like, your (()ed if you do and (()ed if you don’t! If you don’t know what an aneurysm is, the best way to explain it is to imagine a bubble on a bicycle inner tube! Only trouble is, this bubble is on the largest artery in the body! The one that carries the blood away from your heart to the rest of your body! If it blow’s, there is a 5/10% chance you would live through it, if you were on the operating table and the Doctors were standing around waiting for it to happen! Trouble is you would bleed out faster that they can pump blood into you! I felt that if it decided to blow before it reached the size to get fixed I would just sit down, bleed out and go to sleep! I’ve seen men die in much worst ways! That would be a blessing! Well it reached that size! The VA hospital doesn’t have the type of procedure I needed, so I could use what is called, First Choice! This program was initiated when the VA scandal on waiting lists broke! The program allows you to go to another hospital that offers that service! My wife works in such a hospital and I would give her the test disks every 6 months, to have reviewed by her Vascular surgeons! That way I was getting a free second opinion! I was admitted yesterday morning at 7AM, on the table at about 9AM and in recovery at 10 AM! Didn’t know the operation happened until they were asking me my name and if I knew where I was! Spent the night in a private room and was discharged today! Won’t get back to doing much for 4/6 weeks but I can wait!:wink::smiley: Can’t say enough about the care I received from the VA! It’s not the Doctors and Nurses that are the VA’s problem! They do their job

Good to hear ya had an A team handling it from the get-go.
Heal up properly, get back on the water and continue to cut no one any slack here on CF.

Praise God. So glad you got this time bomb removed. While you are recuperating, make sure you listen to your wife and the doctors (in that order).

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Really glad to hear that Easy. Karen asked me Wednesday whether or not you had had your surgery yet. I was supposed to find out… yes, I’m slack. Thanks for letting us know. We’ll be thinking of you and wish for a speedy recovery! Keep us posted.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

That’s a very scary situation. I am glad to hear that you are doing ok. Just like DG said take the time and heal properly. Seems like most people always do too much too early.

Thanks guys! It was like a death sentence hanging over my head for the last 2 years! Wondering and waiting for it to happen! I would have gone to the Oyster Roast, except I was waiting for the date of the operation! The coordination between the VA and the hospital required some doing! I was the one making sure it happened in a timely manner! At one point, I was told that I would receive something within 5 working days! 1 month later and not getting it, I had to threaten, that my next call would be to my Senator and Congress men! Had the stuff the next week! Government Bureaucracy! It’s the pencil pushers that hang you up! DF, tell Karen that I’m going to pour her a glass of wine next year!

Happy to hear you’re alright. Best wishes & heal fast.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

I would have gone to the Oyster Roast…DF, tell Karen that I’m going to pour her a glass of wine next year!

you were there in great spirit Norm, and many people benefited from your generosity…what great news on this Good Friday morning!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
DF, tell Karen that I'm going to pour her a glass of wine next year!

We’re going to hold you to that! Take care!!

Good news Easy, glad to hear it:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Man that is fantastic news, get well soon and God bless you Sir. It really is a great day today. Thoughts and prayers for you Mr. Easy:smiley:

Great news on a Friday! Thanks Easy and so glad all is well.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Good to hear, Easy!!

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

Great news Easy, now stand down and rest/recover!!
You’re spot on about VA, great dedicated folks on the troop
level, upper echelon needs to go to brig, imo… get well soon brother…:smiley:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Again thanks guys! I pulled a rack of Baby Back’s out of the freezer this morning and the wife jumped me! Oh no your not, she says! Your going to start eating healthy! I had to explain that I’m only trying to get rid of the bad stuff! Guess what I’m eating for dinner:wink::imp:

Enjoy that tofu burger buddy. I’ll take those ribs.

DF, you got to die of something, but it ain’t gona be no tofu!:smiley:

Easy; you’re right about “the something” but hope its
a Loooooooooooooooooooooong ways off !! listen to the wife!!:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Glad you’re still with us Easy.

If I get murdered in the city, don’t go revenging in my name…

Glad to hear you are well! That’s got to be a load off your mind!!!

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”