I missed The Big One (car wreck - video)

http://youtu.be/bfYmKzIG_hk?list=UU7Wc8WfPco7pwJJSohazoDg

I was driving my youngest son and my younger brother to his home from the Southern Alabama game and saw flashing lights at the Harbinson exit in Columbia and saw that the folks in the exit were at a dead stop.

I stayed in the far left lane.

Suddenly - some jack wagon in the middle lane, suddenly hit the brakes to rubberneck. The guy behind him was rubbernecking but didn’t slow down until it was too late, he tried to swerve into my lane just before he hit the car in front of him - I had to swerve to avoid getting collected, just barely missing the center concrete barrier and getting a little squirrely at the wheel.

My brother was looking out the window at the patrol car on the shoulder of the road. He missed seeing the wreck that happened in front of us, but he heard it just as I swerved…he yelled ‘what the hell just happened’… I caught it on my dash-cam.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

That would have been terrible. Glad everything’s ok.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

That would have been terrible. Glad everything’s ok.

Yeah, if I had clipped the left rear end with my truck, it probably would have thrown us into the center barrier wall, we might have flipped and wrapped around the bridge columns. We certainly would have tin canned the the car.

I think the guy that set the accident up was the red pick up truck. He apparently slowed dramatically, the car behind him checked-up too hard and the blue car I missed didn’t see all that happening until it was too late.

The red truck never stopped even though I think he caused it by slowing down to rubberneck. Heck, I doubt he even knew he caused a wreck.

~my dad

Equipment:
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Glad you’re OK. These are always freaky. Makes me want to get the dash cam for my wife even more now.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

“The red truck never stopped even though I think he caused it by slowing down to rubberneck. Heck, I doubt he even knew he caused a wreck.”

amazing how often this is true…

You have a dash cam?

Glad you avoided the mess. Everyone, PLEASE drive safe & enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Nice cat like reflexes? What kind of dash cam do you have?

When I was driving a company vehicle, I got my dash cam to record my driving in case something happened and I had to defend my driving. When I lost my job, I moved the camera to my truck and I still record for the same reason, but I think deep down, I’m hoping to get some video of a falling meteor, or falling star, Big Foot or a mountain lion crossing the road.

I think this is the dash cam http://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-Camera-Accident-degree-Vision/dp/B00567H67C/ref=sr_1_98?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1416924116&sr=1-98&keywords=dash+camthat I have. When I got it, it cost around $50. You can look on Amazon and find tons of them with all kinds of features. I have a 16GB micro sd card and it records in 15 minute cycles until the card is filled and then it overwrites the oldest video. Simple and easy to set up and use.

~my dad

Equipment:
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I have always thought a dashcam would be handy, but lord would I hate to die in a car wreck and then have my last car ride full of cussing at idiots in the road end up being taped for everyone to remember me by.

mhebbard, you can turn off the microphone on most of them.

I have 3 cameras, one for each vehicle. They are well worth it. It has paid off for me twice, so far.

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn around every bend theres the promise of a treasure that can only be caught and seen in a blink.. and in your minds eye..and sometimes if youre lucky..in a picture..its there for just a minute...then gone..but hopefully once youve seen it it will remain in your heart forever. Theres nothing like the "Smell" and sounds of the creek. Its not just one thing that makes it familiar..its all of it.