I need a 110V Flush Mount USB

Anyone ever seen one? I’m trying to build a USB charger into a piece of furniture (kind of) and want a flush mount.
Something that looks about like this but hooks up to 110V is what I need.

BG

Use that and build it with a dc power supply hidden somewhere else in the furniture. That’s probably the only option you’ll have. You can find real small ones that would power several of those USB ports.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Yeah, that’s what I may have to do. This is a guitar pedal board so it is kind of shallow and already has some power supplies in it for the pedals, kind of running out of room. This is for powering a usb snake light for those darker gigs, it is a want, not a need.

BG

You’re going to have to have a DC power supply in there. USB power is 5v DC, always.

Right, I was hoping there was a 110V in 5VDC out like a phone charger, but flush mount. I figured it’d be something used in a nifty modern desk, with built in USB chargers.

Here’s my pedal board so far. Back side will have 1/4" jacks in/out for the whole pedal train and standard a 9V power supply to supply most pedals. Made from red oak w/my first ever box joint and the slats are pine out of a local mill, so super old. They have some nice chine to them where the mill must have beat them pretty good.

BG

I’ve seen furniture with built-in charging ports, but I’ve never seen those parts sold separately. There are plenty of flush-mount DC chargers designed with vehicle installation in mind, but the closest things I think I’ve seen for a 110 application are the wall-plate style chargers like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-USB4P-W-4-2-Amp-4-Port-Charger/dp/B00FANAWY6/ref=pd_sim_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=13CN416Y7CSMY2KRJE55

Couldn’t you just buy the 110V AC to 5 V DC plug in transformer. Then cut the end plug off and splice the wires to the leads on the one that you’ve pictured? I think that’s how I would do it.

That’s my plan if I don’t find one, but I don’t have the right tools to make a great final product and I want it to be high quality not just functional. I want it almost be something my wife wouldn’t mind seeing the in “public” part of the house.

I plan on moving a small amp into a box as well, to make it almost furniture quality. My jam room is kind of out of the way and to have amps, etc that can be in our little den/office downstairs, I can get more jamming in.
Something with the quality finish of this:

I don’t want hokey components tacked together in there if I can avoid it. It may be something I just forgo instead.

BG

All you need to do is buy that exact same unit that you have and either use an old cell phone charger (5-6 volt) or a common 12-volt ‘wall wart’, depending on what it’s wired to use. You probably have a pile of 12v and 5-6v chargers laying around. It would plug directly into the 110v.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

I saw a wall plate with several USB outlets at lowes yesterday. Had a 110 male plug on back. Fairly low profile it was about $20 might work for you with some customizing.

Go to google, images… search for 8-port USB charger - I like to see stuff