I want to report that tommorow is.... Pics added

The first day of crab season for my daddy…
60 pots were baited and dumped over Wednesday…I hope there are crabs awaiting the pull tommorow:smiley:. Yep…0500… This girl will be rolling out to be “pot puller for the day” …with screaming muscles the next day I’m sure:sunglasses:.
Working tommorow night too…lol…someone remind me how old I am…andnwhatbthat means…:smiley:
Pics to follow…

I drank coffee from my crab cup…got my lucky visor…will hit hardees on the way to the village…crab dance to follow…ESP when they get my fingers and feet :sunglasses:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

good luck Penny…we look forward to some great news…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I am looking forward to seeing the pics! There better be a boat load of crabs! Good luck!

180 Pioneer Islander
Go Tigers!</div id=“left”>

Woo Hoo, hope it is a good season. My wife is looking forward to crabbing this year. Of course she likes to do it old school, with a string and a net.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Good for you, Penny. Hoping y’all load up!

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

Too funny Larry…message received and dully noted :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

The first day of crab season for my daddy…

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>Well, if anyone reads your post and has responded to any of your posts and understands what fishing means to you and your family and all of us that live locally…

God bless the 2014 fishing season.

Good luck with the crabbing . I never knew there was a season for crabbing .There wasnt one back in 1965 .

Fl doesnt have a season for crabbing . Of course there were not in the winter.Some of the crabbers used to go to west coast of Fl in the einter .
Is there a limit on how many pots your Dad can run? There wasnt any in Fl when I left there 12 years ago .

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

Full day yesterday and work last night has found me only now with time to post.

Didnt sleep much Thursday night and found myself sitting at Hardee’s waiting for the traditional crabbing day biscuits for mom and daddy at a little after fivea.m. guy working the window asked where i had been and how the crabbing was…i said seasonal for daddy…and he asked what kind of seasons we use? i didnt touch that not knowing what he meant or wanting to out him or me on the spot :slight_smile: Drive to the village seemed to take forever…and as soon as I rolled into the yard…the back door popped open and daddy stood there with a big grin n his face and said…" I knew you would be early :wink: " A quick good morning to mom and we headed for the dock. Parking lot deserted except for a lone trailer/truck which belonged to my uncle. Tide low and the moon still shining down on us as the sun began to rise. Dumped daddy and the boat off of the trailer and quickly joined him. Water sliding by the boat, drone of the motor, smell of the bait, seagulls already screaming overhead. My senses filled with Sights and smells all too familiar…but filling my heart and soul …ESP. When I looked back …was to see daddy grinning back at me .
Birds stalking their early morning breakfast took little interest in our passing…perhaps greatful for stirring the bait up for them and in the distance I saw a eagle staring down at us…and was struck by its beauty.

[IMG]http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz217/penf

It looks like you had a great day out on the water. Hopefully those smart crabs get beat into submission for stealing all of your bait! ;). Thanks for the update and the pictures!

180 Pioneer Islander
Go Tigers!</div id=“left”>

I fear for them if daddy every catches them in action ;)…nobody likes a thief :smiley:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

That was a good fat crab that got a free pass. Good thing he was small but fat crabs have been known to find hiding places in john boats.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Penny-you have truly missed your calling, or else there are patients are getting very exceptional care!!! As has been stated here many time before you need to publish these in a crabbing family history book!

So good to see you out with Daddy and still being his little girl…

Your pics and sense of timing for telling a story to go along with those pics are impeccable!

Still LMAO at the “cold weather/old salt” gear :smiley:

Keep these stories coming for they are certainly a bright spot for so many to follow!

Nothin wrong with being proud of a big family. :smiley:

Ok…I’m going to humor you on this one…lol…there’s a thing called camera angle…kinda like “pushing a fish” but this wasn’t intentional ;). Ok…off to go run pots with my daddy… Leaving here at 0500…y’all have a great day!..and thanks for all of the nice comments :wink:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

Ok…I’m going to humor you on this one…lol……there’s a thing called camera angle…kinda like “pushing a fish” but this wasn’t intentional ;). Ok…off to go run pots with my daddy… Leaving here at 0500…y’all have a great day!..and thanks for all of the nice comments :wink:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Gosh Penny, there is no way that I thought that you would think that...

OK, Thanks, for playing along. :smiley:

Hahaha…you are welcome. :slight_smile:
:smiley:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Nice pics!

200 Bay Scout
115 Yamaha 4 stroke