Identify this skull

So today I was walking in the Francis Marion when I came across a skull that I hadn’t seen before. Usually I have no problem identifying a skull but this one is unlike anything I’ve ever picked up. I’ve searched the web and have compared it to many mammal skulls. Any help would be appreciated!

Starting to think it may be a smaller hog skull with pieces missing, any input would be great

“Gun control, it’s like trying to prevent drunk driving by making it more difficult for sober people to buy cars” -anonymous

A goat maybe? It’s hard to tell from those pictures. The lower jaw always helps tremendously. Any other bones around or was that it?

May all your favorite bands stay together…

small hog?

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.
“Nobody eats there anymore…It’s always too crowded.” Yogi Berra

Unfortunatly I could not find any other bones around it. I did search for jaws, teeth, etc because I wasn’t sure what I had

“Gun control, it’s like trying to prevent drunk driving by making it more difficult for sober people to buy cars” -anonymous

Clearly a juvenile manbearpig

chupacabra…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Wait for The Pod, to chime in! He’ll know[:0] Looks like something ate it! Probably him:face_with_head_bandage:

Yeah, it looks a lot like a pig skull now that I googled search it again. If you really cared that much, you could probably carry it to DNR on Ft Johnson Rd and they could tell you exactly what it was.

May all your favorite bands stay together…

puppymonkeybaby

my money is on small coyote or dog. Its hard to tell because of the pictures but it looks like where the canines would be are either juvenile or missing all together…

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

After doing some skull studying, the skull best resembles one of a baby hog. I’m sticking to that unless anyone were to have a better argument

It definitely is a very young feral hog. Some of the teeth are missing, but the giveaway is the shape of the back of the skull. I used to spend lots of time hunting those things, and I have several euro boar skull mounts in the house. That one was probably just right for a BBQ dinner for 2. Feral hogs have overtaken huge stretches of the FMNF. It is unusual to find an intact skull. Many shoats (young hogs) are killed by coyotes, and they usually eat everything - including the bones