Ill Give you guys credit

My boat was is being repaired and wanted to fish. I looked over some of your posts, used my 7ft kayak, jerry riged a cooler and out I went. gave me a new perspective. THANKS

I’ll agree with that. My only complaint is that last time I lost my rod when I flipped. I kinda wanna get detachable pontoons I can strap on the back in a hurry.

Every piece of tail you turn down is a piece of tail you didn’t get.

xHCFKx

Ya know the old saying… Rig to flip dress to swim… if you strap some PVC to your cooler as rod holders, use a few small eye screws and some small bungee cords to go over the reels it keeps you r gear in place if ya flip. PVC and Bungee are a kayakers best friend…

“Paddle faster boys… I hear banjo music!”
Charleston Director- SCKayakfishing.com
Tarpon 160os

also they make products that you attach to your equipment to prevent lose due to a flip. see dolphin D @ Time Out

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. </font id=“size2”>
Hobie Adventure Kayak
</font id=“size2”>
24’ Wellcraft
</font id=“size2”>

Dollar Store @ Inlet Sq Mall has pool noodles. Cut to length, slit lengthwise, fit on rod between reel and 1st eye, use plastic ties to secure to rod.

Rod will float, trust me I know :wink:

Sinker will also wedge between the noodle and rod, and hooks sink right into those noodles, keeps you a little safe on a flip.

quote:
Originally posted by Lost@Sea

also they make products that you attach to your equipment to prevent lose due to a flip. see dolphin D @ Time Out

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. </font id=“size2”>
Hobie Adventure Kayak
</font id=“size2”>
24’ Wellcraft
</font id=“size2”>

Haha. Yeah. They are called bungie cords…

No offense to Dave but like anchor trolleys I’d rather spend $3 and make it myself than pay $30 for one pre-made… PVC and Bungees… more fun if ya make it yerself

“Paddle faster boys… I hear banjo music!”
Charleston Director- SCKayakfishing.com
Tarpon 160os