Important things...

With all the flurry and worry of the approaching hurricane…I ,…like most of you,… wandered hectically through the house trying to decide what I needed to pack, what was most important …what we maybe couldn’t live without, what was needed the most, and what needed to be tucked safely away in some high hidden spot if it had to be left behind.

I admit…I treasure my “things”.

They all have a story or reason for being where they are…and to be honest with you…most of them people would see and then not give a second thought to…but that’s ok…they are “my” treasures… and I alone know why they are there.

Im not one to want fancy jewelry and finer things.
Ok I admit a Tv , stove and refrigerator do make ones life easier…but as far as designer names and such…they don’t mean a thing to me.
Never was one to try to “keep up with the jones”…maybe because of the way we were raised.

We were raised “humble”,
…not poor…"humble.

…you know where you appreciate what you have., and feel Blessed to have it.
The only thing my family was ever rich in was love…and we had lots and lots of that.
I can remember when salmon patties mom made were like lobster to the rich…when hearing daddy read me “Sam I am”…for the hundredth time (in fact I asked him 2 years ago to read it to me for Christmas…and he did in the full animated version as only he could:) )…or to see him point out a fish breaking the marsh ,was just as special as the first time he did it.
I remember days and days of roaming the creeks with him, each so different…each as if they were yesterday.

Holidays were a time for family…and food…lots and lots of it…
and more love.
Always lots of love
Camping trips on the river and beach, fishing, gigging, hunting…
shrimping…eating a roasted chicken and white bread from the red and white in Georgetown on the way home from getting groceries with mom and daddy, and throwing the chicken bones out the window when they weren’t looking…lol…don’t ask me why I

that just about got me emotional. hope you stay safe penny

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

thank you

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

penny we’ve missed you

hope you’re healing and feeling better

prayers for your father as well

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

penny we’ve missed you

hope you’re healing and feeling better

prayers for your father as well

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

X2… and hurry back when/if you can… this site is in need of your positive energy and awesome pictures again!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Incredible read and incredible woman. Thank you so very much Penny.

Well said Penny

Tall Sail Marine

Penny,
thank you for that, very true and honest thoughts. We hope that you and your family are safe and secure these next few days!!

tom

Try not to walk around outside with your mouth open!

You are a true gem on this sight!

“Why Bruce?”

Well said Penny. I will make your Slaw sauce this weekend.Ya’ll be safe

Without Penny around here, we just sit and argue politics all day.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

As always, your posts make me smile. Great pic and great post. Hope you are doing better. We need you back, we miss you and Peapod is getting out of control.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Words from the heart like these always make me smile; Penny,thanks for the smile that i’ll carry for a long time…

George McDonald ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Thank you all so much.
Stay safe

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16