In Defense of Dabo-PLEASE READ

I chose this forum over the sports section, because this isn’t really about sports; it’s much more important.

During last night’s game, Dabo jumped on K. Bryant for something, which prompted Dan Lebatard (who’s a Miami grad and super-liberal) to criticize him for yelling, rather than building his player back up. He then went on a tirade about Dabo being a “Bible-thumper” and calling his actions hypocritical and attacking Dabo’s character and personal relationship with our Lord.

Anyone who’s ever played sports at any level understands that you’re gonna get yelled at when you do something wrong. When the coaches STOP yelling is when you should worry. Sports aside, anyone who’s ever cared for another person understands the necessity of correcting another’s action when it’s necessary. We make such corrections BECAUSE we care, not because we don’t.

I’m a South Carolina fan, but I’m not ashamed to say I love Dabo. I believe he’s the standard by which a college football program (or any organization, for that matter) should be run. As much success as he’s had on the field, the way he does things as a CHRISTIAN man far exceeds wins and losses.

Needless to say, I won’t ever watch or listen to Dan Lebatard again. I will, however, be praying for him. After all that’s what we’re supposed to do. And I can promise you, Dabo will do the same.

Oh, and by the way, watch how he picks K.B. back up. And watch what K.B. says back to him:

https://www.diehards.com/clemson/dan...ior-sugar-bowl

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Couldn’t open your link.

Dabo not only talks the talk, He Walks the Walk. A true super coach.

Not sure what’s up with the link. I just clicked and was able to open the page. Try this one:

https://www.diehards.com/clemson/dan-le-batard-calls-dabo-swinney-bible-thumper-rips-sideline-behavior-sugar-bowl

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

that’s great stuff Black Bart…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Well said. I don’t think I can relate to anything in So Fl. That place is as bad as California and Vegas when it comes to a moral compass. Surprised you didn’t write off Dan before this. His show is a joke.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Lebatard is a joke.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

My wifes’ side of the family is all Clem. I never cared for Clem until I read about Dabo.

Many here doubt his authenticity. Too bad for them. I believe he is happy in his skin and enjoys what he’s doing. Those that attack his lifestyle, not so much.

Both Sabin and Dabo played sports at the collegiate level. I defer to their accomplishments versus some guy who makes his living with words instead of actions.

I too like Dabo but am a Carolina fan more than Clemson…Dan Lebotard must have nekkid pics of someone high up at espn to still be on the air, i change the station when he comes on.

Anytime you hear someone use the term “Bible thumper”, you can automatically assume that they have a prejudicial bias against Christians. They don’t see them as individuals or people,only as an inferior category of human. Basically, they are bigots. This Dan guy from S.Florida sounds like just such a bigot. Hopefully he will mature and grow a heart some day.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

I like his rehearsed rants he goes on. Usc is in California, Carolina is in unc…that type stuff

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

I don’t remember Dan L. having such a rant. Link?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Dabo is definitely speshul

Doesn’t get any better than Dabo. My aunt(48 years old) has breast cancer and Dabo knows my uncle from recruiting some kids he has coached in high school. Dabo found out she had been diagnosed and called her the morning of the Boston College game from his personal cell phone to tell her that he was thinking about her and praying for her. Took time out of his day, on a game day, to give someone he had never met some words of encouragement to get through a tough time in their life. That’s the kind of person he is. From that point on, my entire family has been Dabo fans, even the ones who were the furthest thing from Clemson fans before that. Won’t find many people better than him.

Sea Pro sv2100/ Yamaha 150

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7ZX3BHqWM#action=share

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7ZX3BHqWM#action=share

the media will turn on you in a heartbeat.