Independence Day

I hope everyone here has a great day. I haven’t decided whether to weave through the crowded landings or just go to a friend of mines cookout I haven’t seen in a while. In a way I would much rather fish the day away, think about how blessed I am to have some real bad asses win our independence, and eat a hot dog. Either way I have to get back and tend to the dogs before the fireworks start. My lab HATES them and it’s a huge ordeal on the 4th of July and New Years Eve.

Mine too, he doesnt mind the rifle too much, but the firework mortars really upset him.

Last night we put him in the bedroom and turned the music way up and it was better

1 Like

Thanks to our veterans, enjoy your day with friends and family!

Happy independence day to all.:boom:

Happy 4th to all. Had our family get together yesterday so today I get to paint the bathroom. Woo Hoo.

Everyone enjoy and stay safe.

I pledge allegiance to the flag !!!

I spent Saturday unflubbing my son-in-law’s Sheetrock that he hung. Then pulling mud.

And today he still flubbing up.
Daughter Sent me a picture of him building a closet… sheetrock needs to break on a stud. Dang waterhead.

I wish people would be more aware of animals fear of fireworks, ANDDDDDD especially PTSD war veterans for sure???

Our family friend/WW2 vet had TERRIBLE problems with fireworks when I was young, so mom said no fireworks when he is around, I said NO PROBLEM!!!

We have had several dogs with fireworks problems, including our current one, we had one previously who went into SEIZURES at fireworks times, and the swim club behind our home is a constant problem on the 4th and New Years eve.

I am a Viet vet, and it does bother me too, but I don’t complain for myself, just for the helpless dogs, and animals.

Anybody here for the show?

This man loved America!

We listened to fireworks until 11:30 last night. I get it but dang. Most people have to work today. Last time I looked at the clock, it was 12:30. Gonna be a long day.

We give Remi one of these on nights like last night. She still shakes some, but overall temperament is better. Helps her go to sleep easier too.

Anyone ever try one of them thunder shirts for dogs?My dog doesn’t mind guns and fireworks but he got struck by lightning once.He gets awful nervous when he hears thunder.

we bought one but it was a waste of money in my opinion. They say it works, but not for my dog.

We’re gonna need the full story on getting struck by lightning please.

Sman, we had a Shepard that was the same… gunshot and fireworks no problem, but thunder she would darn near tear down the door. Wife got her one of those jacket things. It did help. I’m like 23, let’s hear the story on the lightning strike.

1 Like