Individualized Fly Casting Lesson

I’m a novice to intermediate fly caster. I can get a fly out there well enough to catch a redfish from time to time but I want to get better.

I know the CHS Angler has weekend classes for fly casting but I’m looking for something a little more advanced and personalized.

Are there any folks around town that might offer a 2-3 hour session to help me work on improving my casting?

I’ve taken John Irwins class through CA. I bet if you contact him directly he will do it for you. He’s a great guy! He used my rod and cast the entire fly line off it right in front of me. skillz

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
Personal Trout Slot Limit: 16"-20" Creel: 2

Thanks Opt. His name actually came up in conversation. I’ve fished with him before and he’s great.

I’ll give him a call.

http://www.fedflyfishers.org/Resources/Locate/CastingInstructors.aspx

Might try here…

The more you practice the better you get… Having someone look at our cast can help, especially someone like John but remember after they help you tweak it you have to keep at it… it is a perishable skill :wink:

“Paddle faster boys… I hear banjo music!”
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org
Charleston Director- www.SCKayakfishing.com
www.lowcountryflyshop.com
Tarpon 160os

quote:
Originally posted by nikonjedi

The more you practice the better you get… Having someone look at our cast can help, especially someone like John but, remember after they help you tweak it you have to keep at it… it is a perishable skill :wink:

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>Finally some wisdom from the Jedi. :smiley:
After a few years (or many years) you might find that effort doesn’t equal results. Casting is beautiful and simple. If it hurts OR it isn’t fun OR it causes periodic pain in the back of your head… put it down or find a better instructor. If fly fishing doesn’t progressively make your life simplier … why fly fish?