Inshore Trout / Redfish Report...

Inshore has been very kind lately. The nice sized sea trout we have been catching consistently really brighten my outlook. The horizon is bright for our little speckled friends. Just keep trying to practice a little catch and release with these guys and gals and I know we will all be appreciative of our collective efforts. A good population of 15-25" redfish have been caught as well. A great fighting size for clients and younguns alike. These size fish are usually stacked in good numbers around feeder creeks and structure along with the sea trout, incoming tide has been good. Using popping corks, jig heads and carolina rigs with both live and artificial shrimp. Now, it is that time of year, so the pinfish might drive you nuts tearing up your live shrimp, so mud minnows will take care of that and the trout are loving them right now. Fishing on the East Side of Town has been Good! Hope yall have a great weekend out on the water. Tight lines and Cheers!

encouraging report

Spartanburg/Edisto
Sea Hunt 27 “Saltwater Gospel”
Maverick 18 HPX-V

I’ve been very encouraged lately jghall. As long as most of us keep releasing the trout, I think we will be looking good.

Thank for always taking the time to post on this site, we all appreciate it!

A calm sea never made a skilled sailor

Thanks for the encouraging report!

2015 18ft Tidewater w/ 115 4-stroke Yammy

Great report! Thanks for posting the good news on the trout. Would you say fishing for redfish in Charleston is better than the Beaufort/Hilton Head area? Ive had a tough time finding many reds that last few times I have been to the HHI area.

Kenny Hollingsworth

Good job Capt. What size Simrad is that? EVO 3?

John

quote:
Originally posted by KHNC

Great report! Thanks for posting the good news on the trout. Would you say fishing for redfish in Charleston is better than the Beaufort/Hilton Head area? Ive had a tough time finding many reds that last few times I have been to the HHI area.

Kenny Hollingsworth

No, not at all. Very good fishing down that way as well. It’s all about time on the water. Exploring, eliminating and finding productive water, patterns…

quote:
Originally posted by lrobalo

Good job Capt. What size Simrad is that? EVO 3?

John

Just a 9". All I need really. 9-12" units are ideal and work well for almost any situation on a 20-26’ bay boat.

Appreciate the report as always Captain.

Pro Tip.