Interior plaster wall work

I have some work that needs to be done on a 1942 home on James Island. It seems all the skilled plaster-man are gone. I’m closing in a porch and would like to cover an existing window with plaster on the inside. Needs to match the rest of the house. If you know anyone who could help me please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Chris

Can’t give you any recommendations, but you may want to try a business that does period correct restoration. Try looking for companies that specialize in that field. Might have to call the historical society to find such information. Hope this helps and you get your project done

Double D.

You may try reaching out to The School of Building Arts they are teaching and training folks for these kind of retorations. THey may be able to give you some reputable contacts at least.

A good drywall man can make it look like it was never there

Thanks for the replies fellas. Plaster work is truly a lost art. Most people want nothing to do with this project. I’m sure I’ll figure something out.

Karma is 360 degrees

“If fishing were easy it would be called your mom”

I’m sure any number of contractors that specialize in historic preservation have plasterers. I know for sure Meadors Construction does and you could probably just walk around South of Broad and find others. They will be expensive and might not want to fool with a little job, but they exist.

PM me if you want a Meadors contact.