Is It Worth It?

I have a Shimano Symetre 4000Fl that is about 5-6 years old. It still runs smooth but, a couple of years ago, part of the “foot” that locks into the reel seat broke. I had a rod that would work with it but it has since broken and now the reel won’t fit with a piece of the foot missing. Does anyone know if you can replace this part of the reel and is it worth it?

You will likely have to get a new frame for it. Shimano seems to discontinue parts for reel models as they get older. You could call them and ask if it’s still available or find a reel just like it for cheap (or maybe less than the price of a new frame) and just swap it yourself.

Thanks Chris, I’ll check with Shimano.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

try ebay
Here’s one that sounds like it might be what you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-SHIMANO-REEL-PART-Symetre-4000FI-Spinning-Reel-Body-Side-Cover-A-/291511016180?hash=item43df691af4:g:L8QAAOSwDNdVnX-O

10% of the people catch 90% of the fish.

easy fix if you tig weld

DF, hold onto it until next years Oyster Roast. Put it on the For Sale table with a big$$$$ tag on it and let them talk you down! You may wind up getting 20$ for it:wink:

I do believe that it it SSFiero, thanks. The best part is, I can use my wife’s Paypal $. Now if I can get the old one apart and then back together and have it still work.

No tig welding skills natureboy. I can gorilla weld steel but that’s about it.

Watch it Easy!

If you get it, post pics on here. I’m sure you’ll get the assistance if you need it. If you’re near James Island, I’d gladly help. I like tinkering with stuff when I get the time.

10% of the people catch 90% of the fish.

Natch gave you a protip. You ignoring that?

Some of us work and don’t have all day to sit around googling on the interweb.

I should be able to take it apart and get it back together. If not, I’ll post for the entire CF community to see.

You seem hostile today bro. Namaste. I just figured as much as you break stuff you had two or three TIG welding rigs sitting around the house someplace

Nah, no hostility, just jealous of your Playboy style lifestyle. I do tend to have a lot of broken stuff. Why do you think I have learned to be as handy as I have?

DFree, I have Seth looking for one too.

We have 0 new frames, but maybe one in the used bin.

HADDRELL’S POINT TACKLE & SUPPLY
Your Complete Sportfishing Center
www.haddrellspoint.com
www.facebook.com/Haddrells.Point

That would be great, I’d prefer buying from you guys if you have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMANO-SYMETRE-4000-FL-FISHING-REEL-SPINNING-GEAR-FRESH-SALT-WATER-022255165945-/311815621132?hash=item4899a8ca0c:g:pIUAAOSw-0xYh6dC

Here’s a whole reel so you will have spare parts.

I’d rather fish than eat.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

In God We Trust

Found one …

$15.

Just tell me if you want me to hold it.

Hurricane701, thanks for looking. I have attached a pic just to make sure it is the exact model as I did not realize there are so many variations of the Symetre reel. If it is the same, I’ll take it.

[URL=http://s390.photobucket.com/user/d4dham/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1488927209_zps6pc9zhjc.jpg.html]

[/URL]

For sure 4000FI … the FI is the year and model designation.

Got one, come grab it.

Simon O

Thanks, my son is in school down there. I’ll send him buy to pick it up…which store??

Charleston Location

HADDRELL’S POINT TACKLE & SUPPLY
Your Complete Sportfishing Center
www.haddrellspoint.com
www.facebook.com/Haddrells.Point