Islamorada for Honeymoon

dont ask me how- I cant explain it. She agreed to a honeymoon in the keys- fishing. I somehow convinced her we needed to rent a houseboat and kick back for a little calm relaxing fishing. HAHA! she busted me when she watched “Chasing Silver” No honey, its not calm. she’s into it though so I couldnt be happier. Now, I taught her to throw a 3 weight and it almost destroyed us, anyone know any guides in Islamora that are extremely patient @ teaching beginners? I’ll prob. stay off that boat:smiley:. well thanks for any advice,

You might want to look at Sammy Milazzo of Sitting Pretty Charters. I know him pretty well and he is a very expierenced capt that isn’t going to get upset if a fish is lost. Just last year he placed top 5 in some of the lagest tournies down there. I thik he was second at World Sail Fish Championship. His web site is www.SittinPrettyCharters.com

thanks!! gotta start somewhere, there are hundreds down there

Capt. Bill Wert
305-393-1910

16 mitzi 40 Merc
240 0utrage 250 verado

Scotty, Capt. Jeff Phister is a good friend of mine. He runs Dockside Charters. He is a laid back guy and would work with you on whatever you would like. His website is www.docksidecharters.com. Phone #305-393-0369. Not sure what time of year the wedding is, but most of your good guides book up early.

its @ the end of June. we’re gonna wait out the 4th of July crowd and head down the 5th. thanks for the info!!

ya’ll sould save a little scratch and stay at Bud n’ Mary’s. Rent the penthouse for the week. It’s great accomidations:wink:

JPW

Don’t forget a meal or three at the Keys Fisheries right there on the Gulf side - get ya a lobsta rubin and a colbeer!