Isn’t anyone hunting

This year on CHF the silence is weird. Normally, we have hundreds of post at this time of year. What is going on?
Aren’t any of you hunting or are you not having any success or fun stories to share?:question:

Been hunting, just not doing much shooting, mostly seeing Does though. Last Monday evening decided to take one of three I saw. Heart shot, ran 30 yards.

have gotten a couple of does and this decent one, Still most of the bucks we are seeing on camera are nocturnal.

This 6 point weighed in at 195#

This one was 175#

My son in law is hunting near Grover on a new club and has taken 4 nice bucks and three does and One small buck he had to pay for, but it was worth it to see my grandson’s smile.

I’ve been getting this guy on camera for 4 years… Never in daylight. Basically same screwed up rack every year. We had a thread on cull bucks and what qualifies… I think this one would, or at least he does with me.

I think the biggest lack of interest in posting up pics is the simple fact of how much of a pain in the arse it is. I have yet to figure out how to do it from my phone. I’ve had a lot I wanted to post, but just to aggravating.

My son and I are going in AM. He is going to try for the 12 pt that he has missed 4 times!!!

Hunting, fishing, and poker are my sports. Work when necessary.

Got into my stand at 6:18.
Missed this guy by 10 minutes

Hunting 3-4x a week. Seeing plenty. Had 13 deer last Monday with one being a 4 point. Have one doe that is being a pain. Next time she is going to sleep.

Shot a 16" spread 6 pt last month, and am waiting on one of the two 8 pointers or this 10 point that is on camera.

Pioneer 197SF

That is a great rack for a 6 Pt. 10 years ago I shot a 180# 6 pt but the rack was n0t as nice as yours.
This may sond crazy, but I’ve owned 62 acres in NC with 1/4mile of yadkin river front and we just found an old logging road Sat they we did not know was there. It is magnificent. It Borders a ravine that drops at least 50’. It is loaded with hardwoods. There were scrapes, rubs, licking branches every 50 ‘. We heard a noise and down in the ravine was a big buck snorting at us. I am sure no one has been down that road in 5 years. You know where my son will hang his climber this week.

There is another 6 and two 8’s similar to this one. None are big heavy deer. The 10 pt is bigger but not huge.

There is a high rack 4 that is 1.5 years old, a basket 6, a couple other 4’s and a few spikes. Plenty of does. Two wild dogs that look like pit bulls (no collar means they are wild, right?) and a coyote.

I’ve been reading about the escapades in NC. Almost funny but also aggravating for your son. I’m hoping my son can get his first buck this year. He’s a paramedic in Charleston and I’m in Columbia. Difficult for him to get up here to hunt. He went Friday and saw 2 does. Of course there were two bucks there on Thursday.

Pioneer 197SF

Not sure the area or neighbors, but the coyote would most certainly get a bullet over a deer, and then the dogs (with no collars) on my corn pile next, as no dogs are allowed to legally roam with no collar. And I’m sure any dog owner would not allow two of man’s best friends to roam illegally. :wink:

Have only been able to get out a hand full of times but my daughter who is 10 got her first this year using the same rifle i used to get my first one.

A wonderful experience

Had a few different pics of this guy with the ladies night before last. Had sixteen does at the feeder at one point. I guess if you did an embryonic study of this doe in a few weeks we could pin point the week of the rut. ~ I’m still thinking the lowcountry has one of the longest rutting seasons of any state. :question: I’ve been seeing rubs from August out to February.

Great Pic. I have pics of 2 bucks fighting over a 2 week period in Jan

The bucks on my SC property have vanished. None on my cameras and none seen in last 2 weeks of hunting.
Seeing tons of does.