It’s been a while since I started a new topic

Caught a few trout and salt water carp yesterday.Gone at 1030 when I got a catfish.Brought two home for the grill.

2 Likes

That whole setup looks awesome.

You ever catch one of those topsail gaff catfish?

I don’t know how many times I went to Morris island and only got them topsails .Never was brave enough to try and cook one.haha I hear they’re on the endangered species list now.Maybe barbawang can weigh in.

1 Like

Good going on the supper catchin there Stumpy. Them carp are ok if you blacken em on the halfshell

Legend has it gafftops have hallucinogenic slime. Anybody gets one and licks on it real good, gimme a report.

Something hit them and hardhead catfish in the very early 2000’s and they never recovered. Crazy because if the same thing (catfish-specific virus was one theory) had just bombed out redfish or trout, we’d have a huge problem on our hands. Nobody seemed to mind the salt cats going away tho

1 Like

Oh yea, you still got it, sman! Great way to ring in some Independence cheer… you had to have a good weekend too by the looks of it! Good stuff!!

Havent caught one of those topsails in several years now that I think of it. Doubt I’d lick it though, even if it worked :laughing:

I think in the '80s the in thing to do was lick frogs…
Maybe y’all can start a new fad.