It's a BOY!!!

Congrats skinneej. I’ve got 3 boys and a little princess. Just fair warning. Your daughter is going to think she just got the coolest baby doll. One day, you’re going to come home and find your little man with painted finger and toe nails and clips in his hair.

2014 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

1995 Searay 175 Series

Congratulations! Total mayhem inbound.

Congrats !

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 Yamaha

I got two young boys, never a dull moment around our house. Congrats, you’re going to love having a tag along. Deer hunting and fishing will take on new dimensions for you.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

And then you have an excuse to buy more rifles, shotguns and fishing poles, never a bad thing.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Thanks guys! I’m super excited. I really thought I was pegged to have 2 girls. I hadn’t even put thought into a boy until yesterday! Now, I’m torn between pushing him towards football or basketball… How long do I have to decide? I’m 6’8", so hopefully he will get some height.

Congratulations J.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Thanks guys! I’m super excited. I really thought I was pegged to have 2 girls. I hadn’t even put thought into a boy until yesterday! Now, I’m torn between pushing him towards football or basketball… How long do I have to decide? I’m 6’8", so hopefully he will get some height.

Heck I bought my boys footballs and baseball gloves before they were born. At 4 and 7 they are just getting into sports. Fair warning though, when they hit the Lego stage, wear shoes when you have to go into their room in the dark. Legos are fun but, hurt like hell when you step on one at 1:00am, half asleep in the dark.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

This is great!! Nothing like having a son hang out with you.

Congratulations Skinnee…My suggestion is that you "push’ him towards a 1400 or better on the SAT, and let him “push” himself in whatever sports he has a genuine interest in, if any. Your success with that formula will take care of whatever dreams you have for him.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

Congrats Jason! so I know whom to call up for help if I’m having problems with SQL Server 2040!

Congratulations on the news. I have only a daughter but she had a boy this past November, so I have a son by proxy. Gonna enjoy it.

j

quote:
Originally posted by bossdog1

Congratulations Skinnee…My suggestion is that you "push’ him towards a 1400 or better on the SAT, and let him “push” himself in whatever sports he has a genuine interest in, if any. Your success with that formula will take care of whatever dreams you have for him.

Well said!

Congrats, SJ

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Hey Skinnee, both of my boys started baseball at 5 but, around 10-11 years old, they both said baseball was boring and they wanted to try something else. My oldest ended up playing football for 6 years, and lacrosse for 4 years lettering 3 years in both. My youngest started playing soccer (much to my chagrin because no one in my family ever played soccer) around that time. He plays club soccer and actually made the JV team in the 7th grade this year. He never indicated any interest in football or lacrosse (which I love) until 2 weeks ago when he was asked to be the middle school kicker. So, we now have another playing football. It has been hectic and expensive but, their mother and I have gotten so much enjoyment traveling around the state watching them play. Adjusting to our oldest graduating from high school and never seeing him play football or lacrosse again has been tough. Enjoy every moment and be supportive.

As for pushing him towards a great SAT score, academics have always come first in our house and both boys do great. There is definitely room for both.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

SAT 1400!!! Ha ha… Yeah right. That’s for nerds… Seriously guys, football or basketball?

Just kidding… Of course!

I think that answer is football AND basketball!!!

Congrats.

football/basketball…neither! Train him to throw left handed and get him out on the mound.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Skinnee…Having children is a true blessing. My prayers for you and your wife are for a healthy son. You can’t really ask for more than that. Both of my boys played all sports during the growing up phase as they were both athletes, and they enjoyed the spirit of competition and the kinship of their teammates. Gradually, circumstance and level of commitment pared their sport selections. I emphasized that they were either going to get a job in high school, or play at least 1 sport at the varsity level. Their mother and I felt strongly that they develop a true work ethic either by earning a paycheck, or starting for the varsity. No “just showing up for work” and no “riding the bench”. True commitment, and results were expected. Set those expectations early on. Reinforce those expectations by holding him accountable to high standards. Review the set backs and failures, and build his trust in the process of success. Keep in mind that their values develop at 9 and 10 years of age. It happens fast, and the distractions and outside influences are with them constantly. Stay involved with him at some level. You don’t have to be the head coach, but you can take him to the field on Sundays and do the drills and get in the work that will keep his focus. He will always look to you for validation, and if you put in the effort with him he will grow and mature before your eyes. It’s a beautiful thing, but darn if it doesn’t get over way too fast.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

If you’re determined for him to play sports, expose him to everything and he’ll gravitate to what he enjoys. If he has your frame, may track and field or swimming.

quote:
Originally posted by bossdog1

Skinnee…Having children is a true blessing. My prayers for you and your wife are for a healthy son. You can’t really ask for more than that. Both of my boys played all sports during the growing up phase as they were both athletes, and they enjoyed the spirit of competition and the kinship of their teammates. Gradually, circumstance and level of commitment pared their sport selections. I emphasized that they were either going to get a job in high school, or play at least 1 sport at the varsity level. Their mother and I felt strongly that they develop a true work ethic either by earning a paycheck, or starting for the varsity. No “just showing up for work” and no “riding the bench”. True commitment, and results were expected. Set those expectations early on. Reinforce those expectations by holding him accountable to high standards. Review the set backs and failures, and build his trust in the process of success. Keep in mind that their values develop at 9 and 10 years of age. It happens fast, and the distractions and outside influences are with them constantly. Stay involved with him at some level. You don’t have to be the head coach, but you can take him to the field on Sundays and do the drills and get in the work that will keep his focus. He will always look to you for validation, and if you put in the effort with him he will grow and mature before your eyes. It’s a beautiful thing, but darn if it doesn’t get over way too fast.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

Sound advice right there! Thanks!