I've Been Snake Bit!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SNAKE_IN_A_TREE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-05-17-08-06-11

Lawyer up!

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

Heck, that ain’t nothin! I got snake bit by a girl, in 1969 and she still got her fangs in me[:0]

Heck, that ain’t nothin! I got snake bit by a girl, in 1969 and she still got her fangs in me

Did she have a seeing eye dog? LOL, just kidding with ya! I got bit hard '78 & wouldn’t change a minute of it.

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

Kidding aside, my friends four year old daughter was bitten by a what they think was a copperhead last Saturday while playing in the yard. Luckily the anti venom worked and looks like she’ll be fine. Her leg is still to sore to walk but she is improving daily.

Keep your grass cut, and if your child is bitten by any snake seek medical attention fast. They thought it was a non venomous snake initially but out of caution took her tot he doctor anyway. She may not have survived otherwise. Ended up spending two days in ICU. but she’s home now.

Contrary to myth, you don’t necessarily have to identify or have the snake with you to properly treat. The anti venom these days, covers all three South Carolina pit vipers. Coral snake is the only one you have to know for sure.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

quote:
Originally posted by pescazorro

Kidding aside, my friends four year old daughter was bitten by a what they think was a copperhead last Saturday while playing in the yard. Luckily the anti venom worked and looks like she’ll be fine. Her leg is still to sore to walk but she is improving daily.

Keep your grass cut, and if your child is bitten by any snake seek medical attention fast. They thought it was a non venomous snake initially but out of caution took her tot he doctor anyway. She may not have survived otherwise. Ended up spending two days in ICU. but she’s home now.

Contrary to myth, you don’t necessarily have to identify or have the snake with you to properly treat. The anti venom these days, covers all three South Carolina pit vipers. Coral snake is the only one you have to know for sure.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Sorry to hear that, but that is good intel. I assumed that you had to identify the snake, which could potentially cause you to waste time or risk injury of the rescuer as well...

That is good to know! I’ve always been told to cut the it’s head off and bring it with you!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/26/python-home-toilet-bites-mans-genitals/84981264/

I was bitten by a timber rattler 10years ago. EMT in the ambulance wanted me to draw a picture of it. Told him it was a timber rattler. Geez!

Anyway, spent 3 days in ICU and all was well. Left arm did look like popeye for a couple days.

The antivenom used is called crofab and is good for all pit vipers in US and is made using sheep instead of horses. The antivenin produced from sheep is much less likely to cause an allergic reaction which could make the problem much worse.

As PES mentioned above, its not effective for coral snake bites.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/