I've c/p this before but it's a good read

Mike CorcoranYou know you’re an Old Salt if:
htSpoun6hslored ·
EVERYONE READ THIS TO THE END ! THAT’S AN ORDER !
My friend Kevin and I are volunteers at a National cemetery in Oklahoma and put in a few days a month in a ‘slightly larger’ uniform. Today had been a long, long day and I just wanted to get the day over with and go down to Smokey’s and have a cold one. Sneaking a look at my watch, I saw the time, 16:55. Five minutes to go before the cemetery gates are closed for the day.
Full dress was hot in the August sun Oklahoma summertime was as bad as ever–the heat and humidity at the same level–both too high.
I saw the car pull into the drive, '69 or '70 model Cadillac Deville, looked factory-new. It pulled into the parking lot at a snails pace. An old woman got out so slow I thought she was paralyzed; she had a cane and a sheaf of flowers–about 4 or 5 bunches as best I could tell.
I couldn’t help myself. The thought came unwanted, and left a slightly bitter taste: ‘She’s going to spend an hour, and for this old soldier, my hip hurts like hell and I’m ready to get out of here right now!’ But for this day, my duty was to assist anyone coming in.
Kevin would lock the ‘In’ gate and if I could hurry the old lady along,we might make it to Smokey’s in time.
I broke post attention. My hip made gritty noises when I took the first step and the pain went up a notch. I must have made a real military sight: middle-aged man with a small pot gut and half a limp, in marine full-dress uniform, which had lost its razor crease about thirty minutes after I began the watch at the cemetery.
I stopped in front of her, halfway up the walk. She looked up at me with an old woman’s squint.
‘Ma’am, may I assist you in any way?’
She took long enough to answer.
‘Yes, son. Can you carry these flowers? I seem to be moving a tad slow these days’
‘My pleasure, ma’am.’ (Well, it wasn’t too much of a lie.)
She looked again. &#3

I salute you George !!!

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

[quote]I salute you George !!!</font id=“red”>

22 life’s a day
[/quote]

I APPRECIATE THE SALUTE , OTC , I LIKE TO SAY ; STAND AND SALUTE THE FLAG FOR IT STANDS AS A REMINDER OF THE MILLIONS THAT DIDN’T RETURN …

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

God Bless! It’s so easy to forget those gone before us and those still silently morning in this busy World.

WHAT IS A VETERAN ??
A veteran-weather active duty discharged,retired or reserve. Is someone who at one point in their life. Wrote a blank check. Made payable to United States of America. For the amount of and up to and including their life.
THAT IS HONOR

THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY. WHO NO LONGER UNDERSTAND THAT FACT.

Quote from a t-shirt.

22 life’s a day

OTC, the "Wrote a “Blank Check” reminds me of the Marcus Lutrell Vids I’ve been watching for quite some time.

He’s been thru hell and is an amazing speaker, as well as husband and father it seems!!!

Some of his speeches should be required in 9th grade. Very inspiring.

NN