Jackson Hole Wyoming

The family headed out West to Jackson Hole for a vacation and I thought I’d give her a post. It’s a beautiful place with mountains, prairies, grasslands, rivers and thick patches of woods. If outdoor adventure is something you enjoy, I would suggest going. We did everything from white water rafting, hiking, fly fishing down the snake river, whining and dining, and spent the day at Yellowstone Park, and hit the rodeo. There were plenty of animals to see as well from moose, to bison, to bald eagles,to coyotes,to elk, and the elusive black and grizzly bears which we never saw. Fly fishing was a blast and we caught quit a few trout. I don’t have a picture ,but my Father-in-Law had the good fortune of landing a monster 22 inch on his first cast-first time fly fishing. How about that for beginners luck. He followed up with a 17 inch for his last cast, pretty cool. He’s hooked. Little Pete also took to the fly fishing and caught a few as well. Fun stuff, going to have to do more of that. It was hot, dry and the high elevation was certainly noticeable while hiking. We are truly blessed to be American.

[img]http://www.charlestonfishing.

X2! I took my sons on that same trip about 25 yrs. ago. Missed airline connection and lost our Snake river trip, but we made up for it fly fishing in Yellowstone. Incredible place and awesome scenery. Glad that you enjoyed it.

oc

Thank you Sir, thought I was going to pull a goose egg on this post.:smiley:

I know of two other groups of friends who were in the Jackson/Tetons/ Yellowstone area in the past couple of weeks…I’ve skied at Grand Targhee, but never seen that area without snow on the ground…looks awesome, thanks for sharing…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org