James Island water

I have well water with a 1/2 HP above ground pump. I am guessing it is 30’ deep or less. This seems shallow.

Who on James Island has well water? How deep is your well?

Is there anyone familiar with the groundwater conditions in this area? I am thinking about having a deeper well drilled. What depth do most deep wells go to in this area?

30’ would definitely be considered a shallow well. I’d imagine even a deep well would have a bit of salt water intrusion on any well in that area?

I’m about 30 miles inland of you and 500 foot is pretty much a standard deep well.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Have not drilled yet but well driller told me that well depth on Edisto Island is usually 30 to 45’.

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

Have not drilled yet but well driller told me that well depth on Edisto Island is usually 30 to 45’.

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

Is that for drinking water or just irrigation for your lawn? What I know about well depths in that area is almost non existent.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

On much of James Island, there is a ground water table at 11 to 13 feet that is good for irrigation, especially if you live near a neighborhood pond.
Then there is reasonably good drinking water at about 45 feet. After that, you go down to the next level at about 450 feet and find large quantities
but high salt content that is not much good for drinking or irrigation.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I should stick with what I have.