Jeep AC Help

The AC seems to be out in the wife’s Jeep and I am hoping that someone can shed some more light on what’s going on before I take it in for service. I don’t really want to take it in but may have to. It’s a 2001 Cherokee with 262,000 on it. Here’s what I have found:

1 - Blower Motor Works
2 - Clutch engages when I press AC button and cycles on and off with an audible click (and I can see it)
3 - Gauge hooked up to the low pressure port reads 45 psi with clutch engaged and drops down to around 15 or 20, cycling back and forth with the clutch. According to the color coding on an AC refill kit gauge it is full. I did not have to add refrigerant.
4 - AC line going between condenser and evaporator is cold. All other lines are warm. This and Item 3 above lead me to believe that the compressor is working.
5 - Drain line for the evaporator is not clogged but there is no evidence of water draining, i.e., no condensate from the evaporator.
6 - The air coming out of the blower is warmer than the ambient air, regardless of if the AC is on or off.
7 - No evidence of leaks or ruptured lines
8 - I have no idea about the accumulator but am assuming that it’s in working order.

I just want to make sure that I have hit on all of the obvious places in the system. My fear is that the evaporator is bad and that involves removing the dash and a whole slew of other stuff. I have 3 vehicles and NO car payments and don’t want to sell it until it completely goes. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Narcosis

Dont know if jeeps are the same as fords but the blend door sometimes will stick closed or open.

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Praise the lord and pass the ammunition” -Howell Forgy

Looking at the pressures and reading the tea leaves, it sounds like your evaporator coil is dirty/ caked in dust. No air flow through the cold coil= no heat transfer= no cooling in the conditioned space(inside of the Jeep).
Don’t know about a Jeep but SOME Ford/GM evaporators can be accessed from the engine compartment.

ZX