jet ski???

My brother is looking at buying a 1999 Bombardier SeaDoo jet ski. I have never had any dealings with one. Today was the first time that I have ever even sat on one. Man that thing was fast and fun. It has 71 hours on it, and is very clean. I was just wondering if any of y’all had some things to look for on one. It is supposedly been used fresh water only. Any info would be greatly apreciated.

2000 2220 KeyWest CC 225ox66 “Drippin Wet”

Having been in fresh water the rod holders may not have seen use from 50’s or 80’s so they’ll be in fair shape. The live well and washdown pumps will be spared the salt corrosion factor, another plus. I would check the outriggers and bases - a short loa will be sure to have experienced some choppy rides. If your brother expects to fish outside there may not be any honey hole numbers on the chartplotter…

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Completely out of my comfort zone.

2000 2220 KeyWest CC 225ox66 “Drippin Wet”

Im confused about your response DG. But I just bought 2 2001 Sea Doo’s off of craigslist. BIG MISTAKE!!! Both are having problems and I just had to replace the pistons in one. They are extremely fun. But they do get run very hard in those 71 hours. SO be very carful. YOu cant get it checked out, they just decide when they have had enough and give out

Reel-Boy
180 Sea Pro
Hey bo… Watch this

quote:
Originally posted by reel-boy

Im confused about your response DG. But I just bought 2 2001 Sea Doo’s off of craigslist. BIG MISTAKE!!! Both are having problems and I just had to replace the pistons in one. They are extremely fun. But they do get run very hard in those 71 hours. SO be very carful. YOu cant get it checked out, they just decide when they have had enough and give out

Reel-Boy
180 Sea Pro
Hey bo… Watch this

charlestonFISHING.com, FISHING! :face_with_head_bandage: