Jetties - best and worst months

Question

Are there months that are better to hit the jetties?
I personally have never gone but would love to give it a shot.

I have a Robalo R180, so any recommendations to what weather is too rough to go out and hit them?

Thanks

The jetties are overfished, like most areas, so that info is probably guarded too much to give out here?

1 Like

I didn’t ask for any honey hole I simply asked for if certain months are better than others. Or even seasons of the year.

I have good luck in later summer and fall. I don’t usually get out there when it’s too rough or cold because i also have a 18’ boat. I have a few spots that produce mostly, but mainly i look at my fishfinder/depthfinder split screen and slowly move around and look for drop offs, and other rocks along the bottom about 15-20’ off the rocks. I typically put some bait on the bottom off the back around the drop off and then use either a float or split-shot and throw up around the rocks. you’ll catch all kind of different stuff, but I always hope for sheeps, black drum, or big enough black sea bass to bring home to eat.
Good luck and look at the fishweather app. you can select fort sumpter for example and it gives a good forecast for wind and temperature. I don’t go out there above 10mph personally, but again i’m in a 18’ boat. Move around if you don’t catch anything in 10 minutes or so. also, if you don’t want to go all the way to jetties, hit up the grillage and load up on whiting. some people fish for the bull reds there, but I like to fish for what i can eat.
Have fun and good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that! I’ve also been interested in going also but haven’t yet.

2 Likes