Jetties?

What’s the latest on the bite at the Murrells Inlet jetties? Anyone having any luck?

Good luck getting an answer to that question. I have asked that question several times with no worthwhile response.

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson
“Convict Hunter”

If you ain’t the lead dog then the scenery never changes

Yeah it kind of looks like I’m the lone ranger up here at the North end. I very seldom go out of murrells inlet. I’m lazy and don’t like to walk that far to park the trailer. Haha. I know a couple of Old-Timers. They fish murrells inlet a couple times a month.they mostly fish for sheepshead. They say they have better luck at murrells than little river. If you make it out. let us know how you did.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Thanks OTC for your reports. I read them all the time. I’m from the upstate and get down there 2-3 times per summer and try to see what’s happening before I come. You apparently are the only guy that likes to share.
I will be down there next weekend for a few days and hope to wet a hook. Not planning to take my boat this time so most likely will only be surf fishing.

BadBob

“Convict Hunter”

Went the other week & walked to the Jetties from the state park. Did okay but it was all trash fish & some small BSB right on the bottom of the rocks.

That’s a good little hike. And I’m whining about walking from the parking lot to the boat landing haha.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Did that walk last year about this time. Wow that is a haul pulling a wagon with all the gear.

BadBob

“Convict Hunter”

Googans doing all the fishing. If guy ou know what yo6are doing you should do well early

That walk makes you appreciate a good wagon to haul you stuff in!

Yes and I didn’t have one.

BadBob

“Convict Hunter”

I did but had to pull gear, cooler, & my 3 yr old in it.

That “hike” at the boat ramp is one of many reasons I joined Freedom Boat Club. We’re here for 2 weeks and I’m taking some buddies out tomorrow in the 23’ Maycraft CC and again next week. The boat is clean, in the water and fueled up ready to go.

https://freedomboatclub.com/locations/99-murrells-inlet--sc/boats/

I’d rather fish than eat.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

In God We Trust

If I am at the ramp I will sometimes get a golf cart ride from the guy who sits at the ramp.
I assume he still does it or maybe just in the busy season.

Yeah, the golf cart dude was there the last time I went. He’s full of information too. He always knows what’s biting because everyone catches a ride with him.