JHooker 6/5/18 white and blue

White and Blue was hot. From snaked skirts, to Sea switches to Chuggers. White and blue is what they preferred the most. Boated somewhere around 15, lost a handful of others on short strikes. Sent a couple back to get bigger. Started in 400’, got 3 between 425-550’ and then found a nice weedline and temp break at 1200’. Picked at them and weeds for a few hours. Headed back 45 miles towards Home and stopped to pick up some bottom dwellers before heading home. Long, beautiful calm day. Around 2pm winds picked up about 40 miles offshore and got a tad snotty but nothing too bad. It’s been a long time since I’ve made my way back to the Charleston blue. Shout out to Jacob & JHooker Fishing for letting me board the JHooker for its maiden offshore voyage. She didn’t disappoint. Now I gotta get the Roballin salty! Nice to see our resident local legend out there fishing along side us most the day as well. I will see if the computer will let me upload a couple images.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

2017 Robalo R302 twin 300 yams “Roballin”

Not sure why images are sideways.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

Looks like a murder scene. Nice work. That was one heck of a full cast net.

Looking to get out there sometime this year.

Glad to see you back FB, were you on the new Robalo? I was thinking you would miss the Sea Hunt but 30’ of hull now I may be wrong. lol

2005 Sea Hunt 212 Triton
“Head East”

quote:
Originally posted by Head East

Glad to see you back FB, were you on the new Robalo? I was thinking you would miss the Sea Hunt but 30’ of hull now I may be wrong. lol

2005 Sea Hunt 212 Triton
“Head East”

Nope, we took my buddy’s Clearwater 2508 for her maiden voyage. Still haven’t got the Robalo offshore. Won’t be long.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

quote:
Originally posted by Charleston

Looks like a murder scene. Nice work. That was one heck of a full cast net.

Looking to get out there sometime this year.

Best guess was 300 medium to big pogies in 2 casts. Found 4 pelicans diving so it wasn’t much of a search party. The 10’ 5/8” mesh net does good work. I have a sore back right now and buddy isn’t used to a big net so between my cast and his neither of us opened it more than 60-70% and by the catch, didn’t need to apparently.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”