Johnson 40 help please

And yes I took carbs apart and used a carb repair kit. Went step by step using my manual.

All fishermen are liers except me and you and I’m not sure about you.

Have you changed the water pump lately – could be due to safety shutting down due to overheating – drops down to low rpms !!
Thats what my motor does !!

I’d get my hands on a known-good portable tank and fuel line. Run using those. If the problem persists, problem is in the motor. If it does not, it is in the line or tank.

I have received good help from West Marine on occasion. But, a bad anti-siphon valve could partially obstruct flow or completely block it. A bad one could conceivably cause your symptoms.

Do you have a water separator?

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

quote:
Originally posted by 180 seapro

Have you changed the water pump lately – could be due to safety shutting down due to overheating – drops down to low rpms !!
Thats what my motor does !!

The temp sensor could be shorting intermittently as well...causing "safe mode". Idiot proof motors are a PIA to find what is causing the problem unless you hook it to a computer. I'll take the old days when boat motor ran until they corroded apart...

I just watched the video, and that motor is going into RPM reduction,
normally caused by an overheat, but can also be caused by a short to ground anywhere in the alarm system.
on the back of the motor on the head near the top spark plug, is a temp sensor.
should be a tan wire. next time it does that, you need to make sure it is not overheating, and if not, unplug the tan wire, turn off the motor, and restart and try again.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.joinrfa.org
IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING