Kayak/Canoe Outriggers

My brother is going to be visiting me next month and wants to do some kayak or canoe fishing together. This is something I have wanted to do before but just never went ahead with it, but now that he is making the trip out here and everything I thought that I may as well just buy one instead of us renting two for the trip. Is it best to buy a Kayak with outriggers already installed on it (for ease and for cost) or would it be best to buy them both separately and then install the outriggers myself?

Also, what are some good brands to look at? I don’t want to spend an insane amount but I want something reliable that I will be able to use every year. Thanks for any advice that you all can give!

I had some unexpected expenses that popped up the other day and my budget has gotten a lot smaller. This forced me to look at some cheaper, used kayaks and I was lucky to find a great deal on a big tandem kayak with outriggers on http://www.used.forsale/kayaks and it looks amazing. Barely any scratches on it, the owner was just upgrading to a bigger one. We are really excited to try it out, thanks for the help guys!

What do you want the outriggers for? If it is stability you are looking for, I would advise to look at boats that are stable enough without the outriggers. I have a used Jackson Big Tuna (tandem fishing kayak) for sale for $1199(sells for $1850 new) if you are interested…

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

Mainly for stability, yep. Had an incident when we went fishing in Canada once where a pike took off with my brothers line and the big boy tipped his kayak right over. I will take a look at the Jackson though, we don’t go tandem normally but if it is big and stable enough it could be worth our while. Thanks Dolphin.

No problem. I manage Time Out Sports, and we have some demo boats for sale in addition to the Big Tuna. I do have a Cruise 12 from Jackson for $699, and a couple of wilderness systems models for around the $1100 range if any of that interests you!

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!