Kayak Festival Fishing Tournament...Who is in?

Hey Everyone

There seems to be no “buzz” on this web site about the Kayak Festival Fishing Tournament this weekend. Is anyone going?

Stinky Fingers
a.k.a Bob H.</font id=“Comic Sans MS”></font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

The capitans mtg is friday night at the park you can register there if you haven’t already… I have done my best to put this thing together and haven’t gotten the prize haul I was hoping for but I think that has to do a lot with the short amount of time for the planning stage. We do have some stuff to be announced at the mtg and hopefully this year will help to iron out the kinks for next year. Please remember that the proceeds are going to MUSC kids.

Thats why they call it fishing, not catching

Hey MarkBob

What’s the head-count so far?

Stinky</font id=“Comic Sans MS”></font id=“size2”></font id=“blue”>

you

Where and when? Cost? Info please!

Hunter Bunter

You “assumed” I signed up, I was just asking a question :smiley:

the capts mtg is friday at 1700 (5:00pm) at the big tent at the festival at james island county park. the event is the following day. the cost is $25.

I’ll be there. Thanks to Markbob for putting this tournament together. I appreciate it!

Brian

what’s the format?

i hope you’re not combining trout and redfish inches like that Haddrell’s one last summer…

my 9 redfish losing to 20 somethin dink trout was a joke

should be a fun weekend

no, there will be separate prizes for reds, trout and flounder as well as separation of fly from spinning. I have already started planning the event for next year and I personnally will be sending out the sponsorship requests and what not where as this year CCPRC convinced me to just let them send out the requests and I’m not sure that everyone I intended to get one did. But do not fear, we do have some prizes, just not what I had hoped for.

I’m going to try and be there. What are the costs for the expo and the tournament? Any cost for parking? What are the rules for the tournament? I need lots of info!

Hunter Bunter

Anyone know what the prizes are?

Thanks

The rules will be announced at the capt’s mtg, $25 entry fee and the prizes will also be announced there. Though I have put this together, I admit that I have to talk to my contact at CCPRC as they have been the point of contact for prizes. The info on cost for the festival and parking ect may be found at www.CCPRC.com under the festivals/events tab.