Kayak FOUND (and returned)

Found a kayak today Thursday July 25, 2013. If you lost one, send me a PM. This might be yours. Found on the water in the Charleston area (Edisto to Capers Island). I have posted this message in Inshore Discussion, Kayak Fishing and Off Topic.

Here is the update: The found kayak is being returned to the person I think it belongs to. I feel 99 percent sure it the owner but, when you don’t register your boat with the manufacturer or retain the bill of sale, it’s hard to be 100 percent sure. For that reason, I have made arrangements to hand it to the police and they will hand it to the owner. I just feel better with that little bit of separation. Kayak owners, please, register you kayaks with somebody.

any pics.

quote:
Originally posted by iFly

in the Charleston area (Edisto to Capers Island)

tee hee…good on you for attempting to return…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I hope there wasnt someone missing in it too??

quote:
Originally posted by mhebbard

I hope there wasnt someone missing in it too??

Authorities contacted. No report of missing boater and no concern that there might be one. Just a found boat (kayak) for now.

Black river claimed mine on its hisoric high after all the rain but if it came out in georgetown and down to edisto it would be more than a miracle

did you ever find the owner?

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

did you ever find the owner? miss’n fish’n

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>I think I will send you a PM (in a day or two). Kind of depressing, to me. Simple answer, no.

The Coast Guard has free stickers you can put inside your kayak hull with your info on it. They usually have them at safety expos and such. My buddy got a couple for his kayaks when they had a safety expo at the Northwoods Home Depot a couple months ago. It’s a big orange sticker.

Looks like this:
http://cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?g2_itemId=1757254

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

quote:
Originally posted by HoofArded

The Coast Guard has free stickers you can put inside your kayak hull with your info on it. They usually have them at safety expos and such. My buddy got a couple for his kayaks when they had a safety expo at the Northwoods Home Depot a couple months ago. It’s a big orange sticker.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>Good to know. Absolutely ANYTHING would have helped in this case.

I have written my name inside in a somewhat obscure place with a sharpie in case it gets stolen. never thought about just losing it. Good on you for everything you have done to find the owner.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I agree, write it somewhere, maybe a piece of tape inside the kayak.