kayak or canoe

lookin to do some fishin from kayak or canoe, i am 5 foot 8 150 pounds and want to go solo at times but also want to take my boys ages 10 and eight. first thought were a tandem kayak but lately been thinkin about gettin a canoe for more flexibilty and ability too take more people. lookin to fish the creeks, any thoughts or advice

Check your PMs

I have both, prefer the tandem when alone. If the wind is up, you need the tandem with a lower profile. Canoeing alone in the wind can be rough. recomend spending $200 on outriggers, cant tip over.

All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth brother, I’m not sure about you!

Fishing Kayak is the way to go tandem or 14 FT Malibu Stealth 10 year old can use the gator hatch seat

Capt Dave
Fishing Kayaks SC

Definitely the kayak. Tandem preferably but like Dave said, certain kayaks work well with a kid sitting on the bow like in his photo.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Canoe if you plan to spend most of your time fishing with both boys. Kayak is a better choice for tandem or solo.

Who’s Ready for a Sleigh Ride? www.KayakFishSC.com

yeah right now still leaning toward canoe, can a canoe be rigged with the anti tip out riggers as well as leaning post to stand and fish? since i have two boys need option to be able to take both

17.5 grady cc 115 yam

I can’t = I am unwilling to try

working on mysteries without any clues

You can put sponsons or amas on a canoe. The amas (outriggers) will give you max stability. Don’t let the outriggers get you in trouble in rough conditions. I’d stay away from a leaning post.

Who’s Ready for a Sleigh Ride? www.KayakFishSC.com

Max youve got mail