Kayaking

Does anyone kayak fish in the goose creek reservoir?

I’ve seen a few in there.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Lowcountry Kayak Anglers had a Heroes on the Water event there a few weeks ago. About 15 kayakers showed up. Not a whole lot of fish biting, but we had a good time! I was targeting Bass. There’s some big bass in that reservoir! I’ll fish it again when the weather cools a bit. There’s some really nice spots that I’d like to fish in the right conditions. Lots of gators, stay in your kayak :wink:

:roll_eyes:GCR is one of those places that every day is different and it changes sometimes just on that one day. I’ve caught a couple of nice bass in there and also some decent pan fish at times.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Like some others have said, lots of gators so be careful with that. But, there is some awesome fishing out. I’ve seen some toads come out of there. It should be turning on in the next couple weeks.

I went this morning @ sunrise. Fished for 3 hours, not even a nibble. That’s 3 goose eggs at Goose Creek Reservoir for me in the last 2 weeks. There were a few boats out there, didn’t look like they were doing much better.

appreciate the response. New to kayaking just a little nervous with the gators.

quote:
Originally posted by clemsondude71

appreciate the response. New to kayaking just a little nervous with the gators.

Don’t worry about them, I’ve been kayaking with them for years. Unless you do something stupid like chase after them or put a stringer full of fish off of your yak, they’ll leave you alone. Even if you get too close to a nest they’ll hiss at you before they do anything. You hear one hissing, back off and you’ll be fine. 99% of the time they don’t want anymore to do with you than you do with them.

Thats why they call it fishing, not catching