Kids on a suicide mission or what??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_KL3w38XT8

Lines were reportedly energized as well. 230kv.

BTW, it’s not a radio tower.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Dang that’s crazy! I had to climb a 140’ tall grain leg once and hated every second of it.

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

When I was 19 and home for the summer from the Citadel I spent a night in jail for climbing to the top of the WCIV tower off Rifle Range near Ben Sawyer. Tower is 1729 ft according to nautical charts and I climbed all the way to the top. At Night!

The cops spotlights couldn’t even come close to reaching the midpoint of the tower, let alone the top. All the calluses on both hands were torn off after climbing that many rungs.

Narcosis

Idiots

First, Most, Biggest

I wasn’t afraid of heights before I watched that video…

quote:
Originally posted by Narcosis

When I was 19 and home for the summer from the Citadel I spent a night in jail for climbing to the top of the WCIV tower off Rifle Range near Ben Sawyer. Tower is 1729 ft according to nautical charts and I climbed all the way to the top. At Night!

The cops spotlights couldn’t even come close to reaching the midpoint of the tower, let alone the top. All the calluses on both hands were torn off after climbing that many rungs.

Narcosis

LOL, you were one that got caught? I grew up 4 minutes from there, by way of a crows flight, and we NEVER got caught climbing that tower.

Two candidates for the Darwin Awards.

j

1. I literally got queezy watching that video… I don’t mean figuratively… I mean literally…

2. I climbed up an 8’ ladder one time and I was terrified!!!

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
  1. I literally got queezy watching that video… I don’t mean figuratively… I mean literally…

8’??? That’s only six inches higher than normal for you…

Candy Azz!!:imp:

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

No suicide mission, just youth and a strong Human urge to do something special. Thank God for people like this back in the day that got us to America.

Safety(maybe we are getting smarter?) and the decrease of Testosterone in Males don’t make for much activity like this in Modern times.

Cool video. I made it mid way to the top of Lady’s Island tower. I believe that was an 1800’er. Weather got nasty and I got spooked and left it for the professionals. Used to get a lot of idiots shooting out beacon lights and feed lines. I believe it got shortened recently.

Funny how most people have different fears and a select few have little to any.

Skinny may be scared of a ladder, but I sure aint diving 100’ in the ocean.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

8’??? That’s only six inches higher than normal for you…

Candy Azz!!:imp:

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Still high enough to break something man!!! Ladders are scary... If I saw a spider while climbing a ladder, I would need therapy...

I all I want to know is, Where is there PPE at? The PPE I have to wear for 600 volts at work is cumbersome. Hard to imagine whats required for 230KV.

1700 and 1800 ft. What tower on ladys island? I call bs

quote:
Originally posted by harryd

1700 and 1800 ft. What tower on ladys island? I call bs

Hmmmm… I can find one on the interweb that is 1300 ft… been a few years since they lowered it… wonder if that is it?

I think it may have been barnicle broad casting… ? not sure but Alltel had antennas at the 450’ level with a lot of tower to be used.

Call BS all you want. It has been lowered but was at that level.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

That makes my palms sweat

My “boys” go into retreat mode when I watch that.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/