Kings and Bottom Fish

Im thinking about going to the Charleston Sixty on Sunday, maybe a little deeper. is it too early to catch kings out there and are there any grouper and snapper around the Sixty?

yakfisher, I have talked to a few guys and they have said they have caught a few smaller kings at the sixty, as for the grouper, I have been fishing out there quite frequently since winter and have only managed bonito, sea bass and some good sized flounder. I think the grouper are in deeper water. The only way to find out is to get out their and give it a shot in order to find the fish. good luck.

Sails Pitch
196 CC Sea Pro
150HP Yamaha
“Get Hooked On The Sails Pitch”

HEY I CAUGHT 1 SMALL KING ON THE 60 LAST SATURDAY BUT WAS COVERED UP WITH SHARKS. LOTS OF BOATS OUT THERE BOTTOM FISHING AND LOTS AND LOTS OF BAIT. NOT SURE WHAT KINDA BAIT WE SAW BUT THEY WERE THICK AND WOULDNT HIT A SABIKI RIG. LAST TIME I WAS AT THE 60 BOTTOMFISHING GREGG GARNER BOARDED ME AND SEARCHED MY BOAT FOR ANYTHING HE COULD PIN ON ME BUT THIS OLD BOY IS SMARTER THAN THAT. NOT SURE WHY BUT THE GUY HAS IT OUT FOR ME BAD:angry:

they are thick in that depth and a little offshore. went 3 for 8 with dead meat today in about 2 hours. Should have rigged some stingers. had a smoker clip a bait. Saw several more chasing up flyers.
Couldn’t find any grouper, but we didn’t have any live bait.