Kings are Here

First trip of the year. We caught small bait from dynamite hole to the Morris Island lighthouse. Threw all back. Caught a better size bait 100 yards from the folly beach pier - north side. The bait was on the beach, maybe 20 yards from the beach. Ran 17 miles south and lost a king before all the lines were out. We were in 68 ft of water. We kept two kings one around 10 lbs and one around 15 pounds. Lost a smoker at least it ran like one. Released a small shark and fought a 4 - 5 ft shark for the better part of an hour. Left there and ran back about 14 miles to 64 ft of water. We were chased of this spot by a school of amber jacks. They made their presence known by a double. We identified them about 30 minutes later when we got one near the boat. All in all not a bad first trip. I also have never seen so many boats at Rembleys landing at 6:30 am.

23 Baja TE
Mercury Opti’s
Ron Greene

Ron,
Thanks for the report and good luck to yall at Tailwalker.We will not be able to attend this year:frowning_face:but I am planning on running out of McV. one day this week and will post a report and call you.

Kirk

Team K=Factor
27 Contender/Yamaha OX66 250’s

thanks for the report sounds like a good day even with all the other suspects taking the bait. Great job sounds to me its really time to hit the kings. Looking to go next weekend weather permitting.

Heading out tomorrow for the kings…will post if we do any good!

BORN & RAISED
206 CC Sea Pro
150 Yamaha

[quote]Originally posted by Gamecock

Heading out tomorrow for the kings…will post if we do any good!

Can confirm the big bait was off the folly shore about 100 yards. Thanks Ron for the heads up. We did catch small pogies at the Fort, but nothing like the ones off of the beach. No kings, but the AJ are out like crazy, and saw huge schools of spades! Couple AJ’s and a Little Tunny caped off a nice day.

BORN & RAISED
206 CC Sea Pro
150 Yamaha

Good info Gamecock. How deep was the water you fished in?

23 Baja TE
Mercury Opti’s
Ron Greene

plenty of kingfish off the grand strand beaches. they showed up saturday along with the bait (pogies)/ it was like turning on a switch. we got one over 30 today water less than 60 feet.

green grass and high tides forever
jhp----- Murrells Inlet

I saw a 20+ pounder skyrocket 2 markers outside the jetties on tuesday. Must have been over 10 feet in the air!:sunglasses:

quote:
Originally posted by MISSJENNIII

Good info Gamecock. How deep was the water you fished in?

23 Baja TE
Mercury Opti’s
Ron Greene

We stayed in 50-65 foot of water live bottom. All AJ’s were at the 60 along with the spades. Were are going to try it again next week…maybe the king bite will be there!

BORN & RAISED
206 CC Sea Pro
150 Yamaha