Kings

Anyone been catching them recently? Hoping to head out of N. Edisto Saturday morning and would love to hook some.

2018 Sea Fox 226 Commander
Catching Chaos

I was wondering the same thing. Water is still warm so it’s worth a shot. I’ll look for you out there.

I was wondering the same thing. Water is still warm so it’s worth a shot. I’ll look for you out there.

Sounds good.

Catching Chaos

Yes still catching them. Deeper than usual for this time of year. Fish like it was still August. Still deep

235 scout sportfish

We talking 60’-80’ or 80’-100’?

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutsportfish

Yes still catching them. Deeper than usual for this time of year. Fish like it was still August. Still deep

235 scout sportfish

Live bottom 80 to 90 ft around the black banks area has been hot the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Had 1 good one on the troll but the taxman collected. 80ft of water

Catching Chaos

The pier on Folly beach has caught over 20 just in the past 4 days. They are thick on the beach.

Beautiful flat ocean on Saturday. We pulled artificial plugs at various depths from 60’-110’. No dice on the kings but caught bonito.

Along the beach now piers nearshore structures. They’re catching some big kings recently. If I can catch a break from work anytime soon I’ll be out there

235 scout sportfish

Post storm update. Fished out in front of the Stono River inlet this am. There were acres of pogies out there. One and done catching bait. We proceeded to fish the school of bait for 3 hrs right at high tide and nothing. The water was still a little cloudy even at high tide. Gave up around noon and went fishing for reds. Ended up with 3 nice bull reds and a bonnethead at the jetties.

The water clears up at the second hour of out going usually for like an hr or 2.