Knife sharpening

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sharpening service in the Ladson area? I have a bunch of fillet knives and a full set of kitchen knives that are in need of sharpening. I’ve been touching up the fillet knives as needed but I’d like to start the season off with a professional makeover…

NO, but I just bought a TSPROF K02 Russian knife sharpener - can’t wait to get it set up and dialed in!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

^^^^LOL^^^^^ on that.

Get one of the Chefs Choice Models. I promise, you will be more than pleased.

If Sellsfish chimes in, he will agree.

NN

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

^^^^LOL^^^^^ on that.

NN

LOL? Not sure what you’re laughing at, but this thing is a precision engineered masterpiece…luckily I have less in it than a decent kitchen knife costs.

Wadmalaw native

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

^^^^LOL^^^^^ on that.

NN

LOL? Not sure what you’re laughing at, but this thing is a precision engineered masterpiece…luckily I have less in it than a decent kitchen knife costs.

Wadmalaw native

Sorry, the Russia thing made me laugh…you colluding, lol.

If it’s a better choice, it’s gotta be great!

Followup when ya get it.

NN

Wife was wanting to get someone to sharpen our knives last year. I talked her into waiting until black Friday, we got a $200 12 piece set for $59 delivered to the house for free. Not sure how much someone charges to sharpen knives, but for $59 and not leaving the house, it worked out pretty good…

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN Get one of the Chefs Choice Models. I promise, you will be more than pleased. If Sellsfish chimes in, he will agree. NN

Agreed - I went in to his shop a while back and said “how do you sharpen your knives?” He showed me his Chefs Choice and demonstrated it by sharpening a knife then shaving his arm hair (dry). I bought one and now have some sharp ass knives :slight_smile: They run about $120 on Amazon

1966 13’ Boston Whaler “Flatty”
2018 Sportsman Masters 207
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

I have a chief’s choice that I have had for a long time and loved it. The problem is I think I have worn out the stones/pads. Does anyone know where or if I can get it rebuilt?

Thank ya,ll

ZX

guy at the flea market, outside somewhere I think. He has a sign, few bucks each.

I’ve been using a Work Sharp for several years and it’s the best sharpening device I’ve ever used. It’s incredibly easy to operate and maintain a proper angle AND it gets all of my knives (EDC and kitchen) shaving sharp. I even use it to sharpen scissors, axes, lawn mower blades and machetes.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

It’s not talking crap if you can back it up…and nothing can back it up better than facts.

Chefs choice-- along with great knives and cutting boards sold at Berlins restaurant supply, next to Chris V and Charleston Marine on Rivers ave

there is a professional sharpening service down near the strip clubs- that lady can sharpen anything from drill bits, saw blades, filet knifes and axes - she is cheap too

I got one of the Chef’s Choice because everyone said they were quick and excellent. They are quick, but only adequate. They take a lot of metal off…I hand sharpen the smaller ones and use the machine on the larger.

I got one of the Chef’s Choice because everyone said they were quick and excellent. They are quick, but only adequate. They take a lot of metal off…I hand sharpen the smaller ones and use the machine on the larger.

Don’t use the coarse stone on Chefs Choice unless the knife really needs it…Once you have the angle established, unless it’s been roughed up, it should only take a few slides thru the mid and fine stone. Takes a few times to dial in the perfect edge. Don’t drag it thru there to slow either.

NN

1" Harbor Freight belt sander (cheap)…online find a pack of 1" belts 100-2200 grit and a leather strop for a mirror finish…any knife takes less than 4 minutes to shave hair…appx. $40… will last a lifetime!!!

TN8S

Go buy yourself a membership at gander outdoors on river avenue its $30 and $10 for military, but nick is theyre gearsmith and and has a professional knife sharpening setup with a membership i think you can take in 3 knives a day and the sharpening is free

235 scout sportfish