Lake Moultrie Striper

Took my friend out yesterday and tried trolling some Stretch 25’s. He got a nice one off of Pinopolis point, in about 38’ of water. Trolled around some more and I hooked another one. Fought it for a few minutes and it got off right behind the boat. Probably need to check/sharpen the hooks on these Stretches, because as soon as I netted his the hook just fell out.

Marked lots of nice fish from 25-50’, from Pinopolis to Short Stay and around the dam. Just wouldn’t bite.

His fish is 7-1/2#'s and 27".

Great day on the water and didn’t get skunked.

It was revived/released within one minute to fight another day.:smiley:

_____________________________________________________________________________ 2006 17' Sea Hunt Triton w/ 90 Yamaha, formerly a 1991 15' Key West Explorer w/ 60 Johnson.
_____________________________________________________________________________ 2006 17' Sea Hunt Triton w/ 90 Yamaha, formerly a 1991 15' Key West Explorer w/ 60 Johnson.

Nice Fish! Was that yall with the motor tilted up trolling? Is that a trolling technique to spook less fish? Reason I was asking is I was trolling with my gas motor, no bites!

Way to go T and E! Well done you guys!!:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Yup, that was us. Trolling with the motor trimmed down and idling we were moving at 2.7-2.8mph. It just seemed too fast as the water temp was 55ish degrees and I figured the fish are getting lethargic and much less aggressive.

Trimmed the motor up and we slowed to around 1.8-2mph and started getting bites. Would like to have been about 1mph or less, but didn’t have my drift sock. I will next time!:smiley:

Thanks buddy! Going with you next!:smiley::sunglasses: