large mouth bass

Me and my son Justin decided to go perch jerking this afternoon. The wind was terrible so went to the gap and fished around the corner out of the wind. We saw allot of arches in about 40 ft. So we decided to drop the cordells down to see what it was. With in a minute large mouth. Moved down toward weeds about 20 ft. Seen it again. drop rods in again and another one and so on. Ended up with 6 large mouths 3 to 5 lb all in 40 ft. We decided we better get on towards the house since dark thirty was getting close. Started into Koon’s landing and saw allot of action on the bottom at the no wake buoys. We couldn’t resist it had to drop rods back in the water and wear a few perch out before loading the boat. :smiley:

Team (Cat-Chin-Any)

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON !!!

10-4 on the deep largemouth and spoon fishing. We’ve been catching them as deep as 64’ in the past several weeks. Watched some guys weighing in Saturday and the winning weight was only around 12 lbs. Most of the largemouth guys look at us like we’re crazy when we tell them about all of the bass we’re catching deeper than 25’. All of my bass over 8 lbs. have been atleast 35’ deep or deeper. Including my 10 lbs. 3 ounce one hanging on the wall. That one was 38’ deep on the last week of February a few years ago. Same thing happens at Monticello too. Just ask Fogman about the day he and his Dad had a few years ago. Find the food and you will find the fish!