lasik eye surgery

I’ve been looking into it and in order for me not to have to wear glasses I will have to get one eye fixed for distance and one for Close vision. I tried the two different contacts a few years ago but quickly gave up as it gave me a headache and made walking too “weird”. I’ve got another set of contacts ordered to try again. Eye Doc said I would have to give my Brain time to adjust and it would work. :question:

I’m wondering if anyone else has done this? I can get both fixed for distance but would still have to use reading glasses. If I do that, I’ll just keep wearing glasses.

Just looking for some input.

i wore contacts for years, i’m near sighted, tried wearing just one for distance and it never worked

the MD insisted that I only correct one, he corrected my dominant eye for distance, it works great, i use the right for distance and the left for reading, the brain figured it out in one day, it’s automatic

so glad I did it, have had no issues, if you later decide you don’t like it then go back and correct the other

Pioneer 197SF

Tried the contacts and the transitions, could not stand either one and back to wearing reading around my neck! Let me know how the lasik works for you!

Yes I had it done by Carolina eyecare MT Pleasant, Best thing I ever done!!! Dominate eye for distance, leave other eye normal<<<can still see to read close but can see distance like 20 yr old again. NO glasses for distance 3yrs and counting!!!love it>>>Dr Solomon is the Man. No BS he is amazing.
Mike
Tuttle

Kencraft 23T
twin 175f Suzuki’s

Thanks for all the input!

Good info, would like to ultimately help my oldest get Lasik if he is a good candidate for it.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I had lasik about 10 yrs ago. My night vision is kinda crap, but I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
Now that I’m 50 I have presbyopia so still need reading glasses occasionally but I’d rather see well at distance
Dr Solomon did mine

1966 13’ Boston Whaler “Flatty”
2018 Sportsman Masters 207
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

I had it done by Dr. Solomon 9 years age and its been great. It’s one of those things that just amazes you and makes you wonder how you lived the way you did before getting it done. I’d highly recommend Dr. Solomon, he’s a pioneer in the business and we’re lucky to have him here in town.

Again thank you very much for the replies. If I can get away from work I’m getting my contacts tomorrow to see if I can adjust to one corrected (left eye dominant) for distance and the right for close vision.

Prescription hasn’t changed for the last couple of years so maybe the eye aging/presbyopia has done all it will.

Make sure it won’t affect your shotgunning skills with moving targets.That’s what I would worry about.