Last Monday

Since nobody posts in the fly fishing section…we waded last monday and went 1 for 5 or so. Water came up a lot more than predicted and the fish were tough to spot. Cruisers couldn’t be seen and all others were one tail spot before going submarine. All told a bad performance landing only 1 out of a possible 5 fish. NOAA had the tides wrong and the SW wind shouldn’t have impacted the water level. That’s my story dang it!

thanks for the report. I went Monday as well, got out late(work:frowning_face:) and tide was higher now that you say something. looked a little over 6 ft tide and I think noaa had it at a 5.8 in the harbor. saw one caught just down from me but I did not see one fish. week before last I saw about 10 fish on same flat. I actually left the skiff at home and used a kayak to switch it up so I wasn’t very mobile. i will try again this coming week, hopefully get out a few times.

heres one from week before last. we spotted a fish in the distance while slowly motoring around a new area. cut the engine and poled about 50-60 yards toward the fish, and when we got closer realized he had a friend. they were about 7 feet apart, as my buddy on the bow made a decision on which fish to cast to, the fish on the left flipped over and started heading at the other. when he made his cast nearly straight down the center they were about 3 ft apart and the fish on the right exploded on the fly. such a cool eat.