Late report from the Ashley

I could only go by myself this year so I took 3 trips on the Ashley. Compared to some of you I did horrible but managed enough to make the wife real pleased. I often was getting 25 to 50 each throw but one poling it meant waiting at least 15 minutes to throw again and this old guy gets tired early nowadays but again, the wife was pleased and we have enough to last quite awhile.

2 Likes

You checked the most important boxes known to married men

1. Keep wife happy
  2. See box 1.

:+1:

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

How was the size in the Ashley?

2 Likes

Amen, if Mama ain’t happy…well, you know the rest. You got out there and that’s what counts.

1 Like

the first two trips a lot of small and medium and a few large, the last trip the size was much better with plenty of large and a few jumbo

Starting to think about shrimping season. I’ll miss some of it because I’m getting a robotic full knee replacement and a leg lengthening surgery on Sept. 6th but hope to recover quickly. Concerning my original report, I found a spot on the Ashley that if I missed it by 20ft it was horrible but once I found the spot it produced well. I got to where I could move along with a pole and could “feel” the change and knew I had the spot.

1 Like

That’s incredibly optimistic. My mother in law had the knee replacement done about three years ago. The best decision she made was staying at a facility for two weeks that came in and did physical therapy throughout the day/night. This decreased her recovery time dramatically. They put her in one of those contraptions that move for you within hours of the surgery being done. They don’t waste any time these days.

Good luck with the procedure.

Thanks. I have a lot going for me. I’m 72 yrs old, 6’1" and 185# and in spite of the pain I stay active plus my wife is a retired RN and my step-daughter has been an RN at Roper for 24yrs. I’ll buy shrimp tags and hopefully get out. Late in the season is usually better anyhow.

3 Likes

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

My knee replacement got delayed until Sept. 19th. It was a bit complicated because they tried to add a little length to my femur and tibia/fibula that were about 3/4" short and ended up gaining about 1/2" It’s been 15 days now and I’m walking unaided better than prior to the surgery. It’s a shame I’m missing such beautiful weather but I think I’ll be ready for fishing in another week or two.

Glad it all went well. You’ll be rippin lips in no time!

Glad to hear about the quick recovery! Get out there and get them!