Launch options on Edisto Island

Hello Everyone, I will be at Edisto Beach mid Oct. to beginning of Nov. and want to bring the fishing kayak. Any suggested inshore areas to fish and where can I launch. Usually after redfish and trout. I am a visitor to the area and not very familiar with options for the kayak there. I would appreciate anyone’s help. I am so glad I found this site and was able to register, there is a lot of great input and I love the pictures!

Botany Bay is a great place to kayak, picturesque and pretty good fishing. Here is a site that you might find helpful.

http://www.aweigh.com/charleston_area_kayak_launches

I see you are a Midlands yakker. I don’t kayak much around Columbia but try to get down to the Charleston area as much as possible. You should try to attend one of the Lowcountry Kayak Angler’s “Meet & Fish”.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Thank you for the info. I was told it’s too long a way to get yak into Botany Bay, that that spot is just better for a walk to the beach. Sounds like I was misinformed. I will check out the link. How do I find out about the meet and greets? That sounds like an excellent way to get connected with others.

You can actually drive into BB and way in the back area is a place that is more than suitable to launch a kayak. The Meet & Greets are posted in this section. The next one is Oct. 10. There is a thread.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

The botany bay launch is back in the property, on Ocella Creek. Really protected back there, and best to time the trip with an outgoing tide and come in with the incoming. The area is closed on Tuesdays, and for the occasional youth hunt this time of year. No trailers are permitted at the landing.

Steamboat landing on the North Edisto is not a bad launch, but can get rough with high winds or big tides.

There is also a landing on the ICW under the bridge on the Edisto island side as you come on. Nice mud and grass flats around this area.

On the beach, you can launch at the state park in to the surf, and at the other end of the island into the inlet. The marina also has a ramp, but I am not sure what the fee is.

I forget the name, but the state park also has a boat ramp on the south edisto side of the island on a tidal creek. Good launch, but tough tides if you are trying to fight them!

Good luck down there!

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

Thank you to everyone for your ■■■■■■■■. I can’t wait to check these out. Hope everyone did ok with all the wind and rain this past week. I work at the hospital in West Columbia on weekends. The hospital was busy and driving the roads wasn’t any fun. Need that vacation more than ever now.