Launching From Garris Landing

Hello Friends

I usually launch from Remleys or the IOP Marina, but recently started thinking about launching from Garris.

On a trip out there a month ago I saw what looked like a rubble pile where a dock should be.

My question is, how hard is it to launch a 21 foot boat from there? Is there any place to tie up while I got my boat trailer down the ramp.

Thanks for any tips.

They dredged it a while back, but it’s still pretty shallow. There’s a spot on the side you can tie up as long as it isn’t low tide. I launch a 19’ bay boat from it, but not at dead low.

Helps to have 2 people for sure.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I would take my jon boat, but not my fiberglass. Banged it around alot last time I tried it.

Avoid with that boat. Avoid with any boat for that matter

With that boat I would launch at the peak of a king tide. Then come back a minute later.

I launch there almost every weekend, granted its an aluminum boat 90% of the time, but i have put in my 21’ cc many times there, just get some speed when heading out at low tide and hug closer to ferry dock, you will be fine. And they just finished a small loading dock next to ramp

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.

I put my 22’ center in there with no problems except it is a pita because there is no doc to load from. I go with someone to handle the truck & trailer. Fishin, I haven’t been in a while, the put in a dock?

2005 Sea Hunt 212 Triton
“Head East”

quote:
Originally posted by Epres

With that boat I would launch at the peak of a king tide. Then come back a minute later.

Awesome

Went to Garris this sunday, low tide, had to lift the motor to stay out of the mud in an 18 Carolina skiff.
On a side note they installed a new boat dock since the last time I was there.

I don’t always Tell the Truth,
But when I do I exaggerate

Wow, that is a huge improvement. I thought they had dredged out the channel from the dock to the ICW?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Wow, that is a huge improvement. I thought they had dredged out the channel from the dock to the ICW?

that was several years ago I believe.

They just dredged Garris late last fall. It was much better but I haven’t been this spring yet.

2005 Sea Hunt 212 Triton
“Head East”